N.2 Junior focal points for Fayoum and Minia
International Centre for Advanced Mediterranean Agronomic Studies, Cairo, Egypt
Closing Date for Applications:
The CIHEAM Bari, Italian body of CIHEAM (International Centre for Advanced Mediterranean Agronomic Studies) intergovernmental organization having its HQs in Paris, publishes a vacancy in the framework of the project above for Two (2) Junior focal points with experience in sustainable agriculture project (agriculture machinery/sustainable agriculture practices). The initiative has been conceived by the Egyptian Government in order to activate a soft loan scheme aiming at developing the modernization of the regional centres for machinery services, the agricultural Cooperatives and the ARC research station operating in the Governorates of Minia and Fayoum.
- The project is operating in Egypt and specifically in the governorates of Fayoum, and Minia. The activities of the project will be carried out in these areas as well as in Cairo for project meeting and coordination. Project duration is forecasted up till December 2019.
The main activities of the project in both governorates are shortly summarized:
- Survey and situation analyses in targeted districts/structures
- Training and capacity building about participatory modalities in rural development, knowledge management and technical and innovation of agriculture machineries
- Planning and implementing new management system and technical plans of mechanization centers (Hiring services stations)
- Procurement of agriculture machineries, tools and supplies with practical trial and test of new machineries and practices
- ICT, visibility and dissemination of project activities.