The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist Governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors, and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
This call for expressions of interest is for the purpose of identifying suitably qualified candidates to be included in FETAJ roster and who may be invited to undertake assignments with FETAJ for projects anticipated in 2021. The possibility of extension is subject to satisfactory performance and dependant on the availability of resources and the needs of the Organization.
The NPP shall operate under the overall guidance of the FAO Representative in Tajikistan and operational support and direct supervision of the Line Manager.
The National Administrative/Project Assistant will provide operational support (communication, logistic, translation/interpretation etc.), to ensure effective functioning of the project(s).
Tasks and responsibilities
- Provide support in arrangement and coordination of project planned activities and their timely implementation and/or support administrative operations of the FAO Tajikistan office;
- Assist the Project Task Force (PTF) in the preparation of the project work plans;
- Assist in monitoring of programme activities, drafting substantive correspondence and ensuring follow up;
- Assist in preparation of narrative and financial progress reports (monthly, quarterly, biannually and annually);
- Assist with the maintenance and update of the relevant information on projects in FAO online system, FPMIS;
- Assist in coordinating the preparation of project related documents, presentations, reports, etc.;
- Maintain project filing system in line with FAO procedures;
- Facilitate communication between FAO and government, resource partners, partners from/into local languages;
- Make arrangements and logistics support for missions and experts;
- Arrange appointments and meetings with various levels of officials of Government and resource partners and takes minutes of the meetings;
- Receive, screen, log and route incoming and outgoing correspondence and documents relevant to the projects, attach necessary background information and maintain a follow-up system;
- Remind the supervisor about the timing and actions required on various subjects;
- Keep directories of names, addresses and contact numbers of Government officials, international and national NGOs and other relevant organizations inside and outside Tajikistan;
- Collect, compile and provide information when required;
- Assist in preparation of budget calculations for the upcoming events;
- Provide support for the project events management;
- Prepare Purchase Requisitions and Payment Requests for the project related activities;
- Maintain HR, travel, LoA, procurement monitoring system by entering relevant requests and their status;
- Prepare Travel Authorizations in line with adopted FAO travel procedures and assists project partners and staff in processing TECs;
- Maintain project TAs and BTORs monitoring list;
- Follow up on translation of project related documents, reports and events upon request of the supervisor.
Other activities, assigned by direct supervisor, may include but not limited to:
- Provide support in preparing donor activities mapping, forming the donor activities, national and donor supported programs database (including deliverables by activities). Regularly update mapping and database;
- Provide support to projects staff in preparation of reports and other materials (formatting, diagrams, proofreading etc.);
- Provide logistical support in the process of the fundraising (development of the new Concept Notes and ProDocs of land and water, environmental projects)
- Carry out other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- University degree in Agriculture, Economics, Business Administration, Management, Communications or any other relevant field;
- At least 3 years of work experience in administration, management assistantship or similar position;
- Working knowledge of English and Tajik. Fluency in Russian would be an advantage;
- National of Tajikistan.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Experience of working with international agencies, international NGOs or government organizations;
- Good understanding of government settings in Tajikistan, experience and/or ability to maintain official correspondence;
- Good skills in administrative (financial, procurement, recruitment, logistics) tasks or proven ability to learn;
- Good working skills in using computer software, including MS Office, proved experience in internet based software use.