To support the implementation of the CSP 2018-2022, WFP in the Kyrgyz Republic is seeking for a highly qualified Communications and Donor Relations Officer (NOB).
Under the direct supervision of the Country Director, the Communications and Donor Relations Officer will lead the work of the Communications, Donor Relations and Reporting Unit.
Within this assignment the Officer is expected to ensure delivery of a high-quality support from the unit, positioning WFP with donor community and wider public to attract resources and foster support by raising the WFP profile and exploring new opportunities for collaboration.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive, within delegated authority)
Oversee the Unit for Communications, Donor Relations and Reporting by undertaking the following responsibilities:
- Implement country specific communication work plans designed to maintain and enhance the visibility and reputation of WFP.
- Oversee and contribute to communications through research, analysis of assigned area of work, including timely preparation and distribution of information products to target audience(s).
- Oversee/maintain a contact list of journalists and media outlets and support the flow of news/information about WFP’s work to the media, in order to support regular and appropriate communications.
- Oversee/manage social media by developing social media content for various platforms to enhance coverage and support of WFP’s activities.
- Generate donor specific visibility content including text, photos, videos and audio for various communications purposes, including social media, reporting and fund-raising activities.
- Monitor traditional and social media to inform the development and/or evaluation of communication activities and strategies.
- Implement country specific donor relations work plan to identify, develop and strengthen donor partnerships in support of WFP strategic priorities.
- Implement fundraising activities ensuring alignment with overall WFP strategies and policies.
- Revise resource mobilization plan to reflect emerging priorities, strategic opportunities and key actions guided by context-specific analysis.
- Maintain up-to-date donor portfolio, including profiling, data and trends analysis, with the aim to maximize resources for WFP’s work. Gather and share donor intelligence (including forecasting), using key information systems (e.g. Salesforce).
- Explore funding opportunities based on the identified strategic priorities and funding needs and draft/coordinate the drafting of relevant funding proposals and programme briefs in support of outreach opportunities, in collaboration with relevant units.
- Prepare required reports and other project documents for submission to donors, Regional Bureau and WFP Headquarters.
- Organise and lead donor field visits to WFP programme operations.
- Support capacity building of WFP staff on all aspects of communication and donor relations, provide advice and guidance within the area and level of expertise.
- Supervise and guide the work of the Communications, Donor Relations and Reporting Unit, providing coaching, training and development opportunities to the staff.
- Support the Country Director’s participation in communications and donor related events
- Perform other related duties, as required by the Country Office Management.
Qualifications and Experience
- Advanced university degree or university degree with experience and training/courses in one or more of the following disciplines: economics, international affairs, business administration, journalism, humanities or a field relevant to international development.
- At least three years of related job experience in development or humanitarian affairs or related fields