National Consultant-Ministry of Corporate Affairs-We Empower Asia Programme
UN Women, New Delhi, India
Closing Date for Applications:
About the Organization:
UN Women is the UN Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women. UN Women is dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women. A global champion for women and girls, UN Women was established to accelerate progress on meeting their needs worldwide
Position: National Consultant – Ministry of Corporate Affairs - We Empower Asia Programme
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of Country Programme Manager-WeEmpower Asia Programme and in close consultation with the designated official in Ministry of Corporate Affairs, the national consultant will provide technical expertise to Ministry of Corporate Affairs in the following areas:
- Review National Guidelines on Responsible Business Conduct (NGRBC) and provide inputs and recommendations from a gender perspective to the Ministry of Corporate Affairs;
- Undertake research to assess the implementation of mandatory laws by companies on promoting gender equality in the corporate sector and demonstrating responsible business conduct;
- Technical support to the Ministry on mainstreaming gender in their ongoing programmatic and policy initiatives including National Action Plan on Business and Human Rights;
- Facilitate MCA’s collaboration with UN Women’s WEPs leadership trainings programmes and other interventions on promoting inclusion and diversity in companies;
- Travel as required.
- Develop and submit gender specific recommendations/ indicators for National Guidelines on Responsible Business Conduct (NGRBC) on which companies will report their progress, in alignment with Women’s Empowerment Principles (February- March 2021).
- Report on assessment of the implementation of mandatory laws by companies on promoting gender equality in the corporate sector and demonstrating responsible business conduct. (by May 2021).
- Technical support to the Ministry on mainstreaming gender in their ongoing programmatic and policy initiatives including National Action Plan on Business and Human Rights. (ongoing).
- Identify areas of collaboration around UN Women’s training programmes on leadership, diversity and inclusion and other relevant interventions with MCA (ongoing).
Required Skills and Experience:
- Masters’ degree in Gender and Development Studies, Law, Public Policy/Administration or any Social Sciences.
- Minimum 6 years of professional experience in policy research .Demonstrable understanding of gender, business and human rights, development, policy and issues in the context of women’s economic empowerment and Indian private and corporate sector companies.
- Relevant papers, articles and knowledge products published.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
Language: Strong written skills in English and good command over Hindi as medium of communication.