UN Women, the UN Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women has been created to accelerate up the process of meeting the needs of women and girls across the world. As a part of the UN reform agenda, it brings together resources and mandates which will subsequently have a lasting impact on the whole community.
The United Nations of Tajikistan in cooperation with the Government of Tajikistan is implementing the “Empowering youth for a peaceful Tajikistan” project. The project is financed by the UN Secretary-General’s Peacebuilding Fund and implemented by 3 UN Agencies in Tajikistan: UNDP, UNICEF and UN Women. The project aims to increase the resilience of Tajikistan’s young people to violent narratives in areas where risks of violent extremism are exacerbated by vulnerability to extreme poverty and outward migration dynamics, through endowing them with capacities, skills and competencies that open socio-economic opportunities, enable them to participate in political life, and enhance their community participation, sense of belonging and confidence in government.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Under an overall guidance of the UN Women Country Programme Manager and supervision of National Program Coordinator, the Consultant will perform, but will not necessarily be limited to, to the following tasks:
- Review and update the existing professional vocational training module of MOLEM of RT;
- Develop and submit the training of trainers (TOT) methodology based on the developed by UN Women materials on “Peace and Security” and incorporation of UNSCR 1325 on women, peace and security, which will include the training outline, a comprehensive training module, training agenda, pre-post training questionnaire, handout material, case studies with the specific focus on gender equality and women’s empowerment;
- Agree pre-final version with UN Women and MOLEM RT
- Provide a virtual presentation for the project PUNOs
- Facilitate 3 one-day interactive TOT sessions on “Peace and Security” for 30 participants in Sughd, Khatlon and GBAO (by 10 persons from each region);
- Analyze of intake knowledge assessment questionnaires and post training feed-back questionnaires and key recommendations for future similar assignments;
- Prepare and submit the final training report, which will reflect the overall description of implemented assignment, including major achievements, changes of participants’ perceptions based on analyzed questionnaires, main challenges and constraints, and recommendations.
- Prepare the lists of trainees, including their contact details, with key recommendations on the most active ones.
UN Women will support the following:
- Facilitate with MOLEM RT on the upcoming consultancy, the ministry’s focal point and dates of the trainings and provision of the training audience;
- Support invitation of the TOT participants;
- Support meal for participants
- Support printing / translation of handouts (consultant to provide them to the UN Women office well in advance before the travel).
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree in human rights, law, social studies, development studies or related field.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in development of training modules, and methodologies for professional vocational trainings;
- At least three years of proven track record of delivery trainings and capacity building programs on topics as prevention of violent extremism, gender equality, leadership, and other related areas;
- Previous work and direct working relationships with UN agencies considered an asset.
Knowledge of languages:
- Proficiency in written and oral Russian and Tajik language. Knowledge of English is an advantage.