World Vision, Albania
Closing Date for Applications:
About World Vision:
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world.
Our 42,000+ staff members working in more than 90 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
- As National Director – World Vision West Balkans, you will oversee the development and strategy of all operations in three countries: Albania, Bosnia and Kosovo. World Vision began working in the West Balkans region in 1994 and has the goal to see 500,000+ children, adolescents and youth experience improved well-being by 2018.
- You are a highly accomplished visionary leader who combines proven business disciplines with inspirational management skills to effectively communicate global initiatives, cultivate relationships, and identify opportunities to successfully drive World Vision West Balkans growth and development.
- Spiritual Leadership and Ministry Performance
- Strategy, Operating Plan and Long- and Short- Term Targets
- Leadership and Management of West Balkans Sub-Region
- Advocacy and Representation
- Financial Management and Financial and Operational Audit Compliance
- Safety and Security, Disaster Mitigation and Preparedness
- Compliance and Country Legal Environment
- Microfinance Institution Strategic Management
- National Resource Development
- A university degree in management, international development, or related field is required, with a Masters preferred.
- Requires at least 15 years’ experience in organizational development and change management.
- Knowledge of the region and working experience of minimum 5 years in West Balkans region.
- Proven experience in overseeing large Government grants, major private donors and/or complex multi-sectorial operations.
- Fluent in English (written and oral). Fluency in one of the local languages is an advantage.
- The ability to work in a post-communist environment having operations spread across three countries. Ability to work in multi-faith and especially Muslim contexts and to engage in interfaith relations and dialogue is essential.
- Moderate travel to programme areas across the West Balkans region as required
Source : https://careers.wvi.org/jobs/albania-and-kosovo/field-operations/national-director-west-balkans/8664