National expert on gender and PVE to strengthen the Committee on Women and Family Affairs
United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women, Dushanbe, Tajikistan
Closing Date for Applications:
UN Women, the UN Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women has been created to accelerate up the process of meeting the needs of women and girls across the world. As a part of the UN reform agenda, it brings together resources and mandates which will subsequently have a lasting impact on the whole community.
The United Nations of Tajikistan in cooperation with the Government of Tajikistan is implementing the “Empowering youth for a peaceful Tajikistan” project. The project is financed by the UN Secretary-General’s Peacebuilding Fund and implemented by 3 UN Agencies in Tajikistan: UNDP, UNICEF and UN Women. The project aims to increase the resilience of Tajikistan’s young people to violent narratives in areas where risks of violent extremism are exacerbated by vulnerability to extreme poverty and outward migration dynamics, through endowing them with capacities, skills and competencies that open socio-economic opportunities, enable them to participate in political life, and enhance their community participation, sense of belonging and confidence in government.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Under an overall guidance of the UN Women Country Programme Manager and under the supervision of National Program Coordinator, the Consultant will perform, but will not necessarily be limited, to the following tasks:
- Review and update the existing module of CWFA of RT for Young Women Leaders;
- In close consultation with CWFA develop the training Component on “Peace, Security and Prevention of Violent Extremism” and imbed it in the existing Committee’s training module on Leadership course for young women;
- Submit the revised and strengthened module based on the developed by UN Women materials, which will include the training outline, and incorporate training agenda, pre-post training questionnaire, handout material, case studies with the specific focus on gender equality and women’s empowerment.
- Conduct zoom/skype meeting and present the pre-final document to RUNOs and CWFA for final inputs;
- Conduct an information session for representatives of CWFA on the updated module;
- Prepare and submit the final module;
- Prepare and submit the final assignment report, which will reflect the overall description of implemented assignment, including major achievements, changes of participants’ perceptions based on presentations, main challenges and recommendations.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree in human rights, law, social studies, development studies or related field;Experience:
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in development of training modules, and methodologies for professional vocational trainings;
- At least three years of proven track record of delivery trainings and capacity building programs on topics as prevention of violent extremism, gender equality, leadership, and other related areas;
- Previous work and direct working relationships with UN agencies considered an asset.
Knowledge of languages:
- Proficiency in written and oral Russian and Tajik language. Knowledge of English is an advantage.