Duties and Responsibilities
Objective of the assignment
The purpose of this consultancy is to review the project’s results framework and M&E plan, to conduct a baseline study to collect information for indicators that do not have baseline yet, and to determine quantitatively and qualitatively the current situation in relation to the main elements of the project (capacity of State institutions to prevent and investigate drug trafficking and transnational organized crime, level of intelligence-sharing and investigative cooperation with neighboring countries, capacity of CSOs to influence public policies on DTOC, among others) amongst the target beneficiaries.
The baseline study will focus on baseline data collection for a set of indicators outlined in the project result framework and additional indicators proposed by the consultant. The baseline study report will be used as a measurement to monitor the project progress against the set indicators over the course of the project implementation.
The selected consultant will work closely with the project team along with other key stakeholders to ensure that data collection will provide the basic background in the areas of Drug Trafficking and Organized Crime.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall supervision of the UNDP’s Representative Resident, the technical supervision of the PBF CDTOC Project Manager, the consultant will:
- Provide support to implementation of the project’s M&E framework;
- Prepare accurate and quality reports on the project implementation;
- Review, provide inputs and update as necessary the M&E plan, indicators and tools;
- Provide additional indicators into the project’s results framework if necessary, based on the Project Documentation and in accordance with the project team;
- Elaborate questionnaires for quantitative and qualitative surveys , interviews or focus groups discussions, which incorporate the different indicators of the Project’s results framework;
- Lead on the process of the baseline and endline study design, methodology, planning and quality control procedures;
- Plan and conduct project’s research activities as required (baseline and results studies);
- Contribute to analysis of quantitative and qualitative data and prepare draft reports;
- Enter data into reporting systems and databases and prepare indicator reports for internal and external reporting and project management purposes;
- Plan and participate in field visits;
- Manage participants and meeting/ event arrangements;
- Assist in documentation of lessons learned;
- Assist the team in coordinating with partners and stakeholders;
- Assist in relevant support tasks as required.
Required Skills and Experience
- Academic training, Bachelor or Master in social science, public administration, economics, gender studies or related area.
- Professional experience of at least five (5) years relevant professional experience in project management, monitoring and evaluation at the national or international level.
- Experience in research methods, monitoring and evaluation tools, development of reports, development and analysis and elaboration of indicators and data collection, analysis and reporting is required.
- Experience in the use of computers and office software package, including management of databases.
- Proficiency in Portuguese, speaking and writing. Intermediary knowledge in English is required. The mastery of other languages (Crioulo and/or French) is an advantage;
- Solid knowledge of the Guinean justice and security system is an advantage.
- Fluency in Portuguese and Crioulo is necessary;
- Intermediary knowledge in English is required;
- Good knowledge in French is desirable.