National ICT Officer
International Organization for Migration, Manila, Philippines
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
This position will be base in Manila (Global) Administrative Centre (MAC), Philippines and may only be filled by the country's nationals.
The position is based in the Manila Administrative Centre (MAC), headed by the Director of MAC. Information and Communications Technology (ICT) is one of the divisions with its operations delocalized to MAC.
Under the overall supervision of the IT Specialist (Database Developer) and direct supervision of the Software Development Manager, the National ICT Officer (Database Development) will be responsible for managing and maintaining optimum operation of all non-production databases; for supporting and guiding other development and reporting teams members in optimizing T-SQL code and stored procedures to enhance overall performance.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree in Information Systems, Data Science, Computer Science or a related field from an accredited academic institution, with relevant professional experience in software development; or,
- University degree in the above fields with two years of relevant professional experience.
- Vendor certifications in database administration and operations.
- Experience as a Database Developer/Engineer and in-depth understanding of data management (e.g. permissions, recovery, security and monitoring) administrator or similar role;
- Excellent understanding of MS-SQL database systems and architectures; and managing disconnected databases;
- Knowledge database development tools Red Gate SQL Toolbelt, MS Visual Studio DB Projects, ApexSQL;
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, Weka, NumPy, MatLab, etc is desirable;
- Knowledge of software development and user interface web applications with ability to understand front-end users’ requirements;
- Knowledge of version control systems including Jira and Git
- Extensive experience in MS-SQL reporting services;
- Experience in project management with excellent analytical and organization skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and a problem-solving attitude; and,
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds.