National Maternal Newborn Child Health and Family Planning Specialist
PATH, Kinshasa, Congo
Closing Date for Applications:
Specific duties include:
- Leading the design of the project’s MNCH and family planning technical approach in coordination with US-based MNCH and family planning staff, including carrying out baseline assessments to determine MNCH/family planning needs.
- Contributing to the development of annual work plans and budgets.
- Overseeing the technical start-up and implementation of MNCH and family planning activities, including coordinating with the Provincial MNCH and Family Planning Specialists to implement activities.
- Supporting capacity building of health facility and community workers on MNCH/family planning interventions, which includes contributing to the adaptation of integrated MNCH/family planning/nutrition curriculums and tools, designing and facilitating trainings, and providing mentoring and supportive supervision to trained health facilities and community workers.
- Monitoring the supply of MNCH and family planning commodities (such as contraceptive commodities and training equipment/materials), trouble-shooting supply issues in conjunction with project logistics and procurement specialists, and keeping informed of existing logistics/supply chain systems in the DRC that can be leveraged for project needs.
- Assisting with the development of performance indicators and data collection tools to monitor progress on MNCH and family planning activities.
- Responsible for project reporting on MNCH and family planning activities.
- Supporting the integration of gender/GBV into PMTCT, MNCH, and family planning service platforms by contributing gender/GBV-related inputs for annual work plan and budgets; supporting the implementation of GBV prevention and care and support activities; and participating in the monitoring and supervision of GBV activities.
- Supervising the two Provincial MNCH and Family Planning Specialists.
- Providing prompt and adequate feedback, recommendations, and support to project team colleagues to ensure the efficient and effective implementation of MNCH, family planning, and gender/GBV efforts.
- Coordinating with counterparts at other implementing organizations, donors, and government ministries to share lessons learned and best practices and participate in relevant national/provincial working committees or task forces.
- Contributing to new business/proposal development efforts as necessary.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in French required; English proficiency preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of the DRC context, particularly issues related to MNCH and family planning programming.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in multi-site, team-based structure.
- Experience with the following areas preferred: training/workshop design and facilitation; tools/curriculum adaptation; basic implementation science; conduct/oversight of research projects; and gender/GBV.
- Medical degree or Master’s degree in public health, behavioral sciences or related field, at least 7-10 years of experience implementing MNCH, family planning, and nutrition interventions, with a minimum of 5 years of experience designing, starting up, overseeing, and monitoring project activities, experience working on HIV/AIDS desired.