National Operations Associate
UNOPS, Kinshasa, Congo
Closing Date for Applications:
Under the direct supervision of UNMAS Regional Coordinator, the National Operations Associate assists with the implementation and management of weapon and ammunition management (WAM) and mine action activities in DRC, specifically Kinshasa, and may be required to travel throughout DRC.
- Assist in overseeing operational monitoring of mine action and WAM activities in Kinshasa and other regions of DRC as required.
- Assist with the management of Quick Impact Projects (QIP) managed on behalf of MONUSCO.
- Conduct project monitoring visits of contractors or QIP implementing partners.
- Assist with the coordination of the implementation, execution and completion of all operational tasking for implementers activities.
- Conduct monitoring visits to implementing partners and contractors, to ensure compliance with contracts, Memorandum of Understanding and procurement goals.
- Support in coordinating activities of the operations staff in the regional offices.
- Familiarization with International Mine Action Standards (IMAS), International Ammunition Technical Guidelines (IATG) and International Small Arms Control Standards (ISACS).
- Provide technical assistance to Congolese Centre for Mine Action (CCLAM) as instructed by UNMAS.
- Analyze implementer reports for weekly and monthly activities in order to ensure compliance with their contractual obligations.
- Maintain UNMAS operations office filing and document control systems, including the monitoring of activities through spreadsheet-based files.
- Assist in enhancing the profile of the office of UNMAS within CCLAM, MONUSCO and UN agencies.
- Establish and maintain professional and close working relationships with national security forces executives, UN and MONUSCO components, and local national authorities.
- Develop, monitor and maintain local security networks to aid with information gathering and providing threat assessments for the safe implementation of activities.
- Any other duties as assigned by UNMAS DRC International Staff and the Program Manager.
- A High School diploma plus a minimum of 6 years of working experience in the relevant field . Alternatively a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years of experience in a related field is an advantage, but not a requirement.
- At least 2 year of proven experience in mine action operations management.
- Previous experience in monitoring and evaluation of projects is required.
- Past report writing experience is an asset.
- Knowledge of security management field is an advantage.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and French is required.
- Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) level 2 certification is an essential requirement.
- A valid national driving licence is required.
- Past experience in the field of intelligence/ investigation or gathering evidence is an advantage
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office-related computer applications is required