The main aim of the FAO country office, which is headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist government to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors, and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Sub-regional Coordinator for Central Asia and FAO Representative in Turkey, direct supervision of the Programme Officer, technical guidance of the Lead Technical Officer, and in close collaboration with FAO Turkey team; the National Project Manager will be responsible for the following tasks:
Project cycle management, donor compliance, alignment of project actions to PCM guidelines, field programme development, implementation and quality assurance, and supervision and guidance of FAO operational work.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Coordinate day-to-day project operations in order to ensure timely provision of scheduled inputs and monitor their timely execution in line with the project work plan;
- Act as a member of Project Task Force and provide guidance and advice on the PCM procedures, and ensure conformity of the activities with the project document;
- Participate to consultation meetings with Syrian Refugee Response Programme Team, relevant government institutions and local stakeholders;
- Support project staff for the completion of the project’s Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) plan including the baseline assessments and their compliance with the M&E plan.
- Support budgetary management and monitoring of the approved field expenditures and draft financial reports and statements as per donor requirements;
- Participate in the planning and review of budget plans, monitor expenditures and, where necessary, identify corrective measures to overcome operational constraints;
- Deliver support in maintaining detailed records of budget estimates, obligations and available balances;
- Assist with the preparation of budget revisions as required and on the basis of the changes of plan of activities;
- Support monitoring of the project budgets to ensure availability of funds when payment requests are due;
- Assist in updating the Field Programme Management Information System (FPMIS) inputs, and forecasting estimates and ensure appropriate updating of the system;
- Perform other related duties as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Advanced university degree in business administration or public administration, social science, political science or a related field.
- Working knowledge of English and fluency in Turkish
- 5 Years of experience in project operations
- National of Turkey
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement