OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
The WHO Global Service Centre (GSC) provides administrative services to all staff and all WHO offices and partner entities worldwide in respect of human resources, payroll, procurement, accounts payable and support of specific corporate IT applications. The aim of this Centre is to serve as the global platform for the swift and reliable delivery of a comprehensive array of products and services covering all these fields. The Global Human Resources (GHR) team within the GSC focuses on the execution of HR Operations in a reliable, efficient, and consistent manner and to serve as a one-stop-shop for all staff in WHO and partner agencies.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Under the direct supervision of a Human Resources Officer, the incumbent will lead a sub-unit within GHR. He/she will provide guidance and advice to the team members in contract issuance and maintenance as well as in administration of entitlements.
The duties to be performed by the incumbent will cover, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide a variety of specialized HR Operations in the areas of contract or entitlements administration, including verification of letters and other official documents, and authorization of entitlements (within the delegated authority);
- Support the supervisor in setting and monitoring objectives and priorities for the sub-team;
- Plan and organize the work of the sub-team;
- Ensure that HR Operations are correctly implemented in the Global Management System (GSM);
- Motivate team members to provide high-quality, client-oriented services;
- Monitor compliance with the Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Special Operations Procedures (SOPs) and draw attention to deviations and errors so that corrective actions can be taken;
- Provide guidance and train team members on the correct application of rules and in the processing of HR Operations, encouraging them to bring to his/ her attention any complex cases and/or issues;
- Evaluate performance of team members and provide regular feedback;
- Bring to the attention of the supervisor cases that warrant special attention or detailed analysis;
- Prepare background information and a recommendation to facilitate the decision making process;
- Propose process improvements as necessary;
- Provide guidance to clients on correct application of Staff Rules, HR policies and procedures;
- Provide effective support to GSM users on HR Modules;
- Assist the supervisor in GSM/Technical/System Management and GSM Quality Assurance;
- Perform other duties as required.
Essential:University degree from a recognized university with specialization in human resources management, business administration, behavioral sciences or any other related field.
For WHO staff please see e-Manual III.4.1, para 220.
- A minimum of one year of relevant experience in the area of human resources management.
- Experience in leading a team.
- Experience in the application of HR policies and procedures.
- Experience in working in a Shared Service Centre.
- Experience in Oracle or another ERP system such as SAP or People Soft.
- Knowledge of HR management concepts and applications in a larger Organizational context;
- Ability to lead and motivate a group of team members to achieve the unit's goal;
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize the workload;
- Ability to multi-task while paying attention to detail;
- Sound judgment, integrity and tact when dealing with others;
- Ability to plan and manage projects;
- Good analytical and general organizational skills;
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills;
- Able to impart knowledge to others.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Ensuring the effective use of resources
- Producing results
- Creating an empowering and motivating environment
Use of Language Skills
Essential:Expert knowledge of English.
Desirable:Intermediate knowledge of French.