National Professional Officer, HR (several positions)
World Health Organisation(WHO), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Closing Date for Applications:
Description of duties:
These duties are not all-inclusive nor are all duties carried out by all incumbents:
- Supports his/her supervisor in setting and monitoring objectives and priorities for the sub-team.
- Organizes the workflow in the sub-team by identifying priorities and allocating tasks to ensure a timely response to clients and the implementation of salaries, allowances and statutory deductions of all staff members administered by WHO.
- Motivates the staff within the sub-team to provide high-quality, client-oriented services to clients across WHO and partner agencies.
- Provides feedback on performance of staff within his/her sub-team.
- Ensures the strict compliance with the Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Special Operating Procedures (SOPs) and draws attention to deviances and/or takes corrective action as and when applicable. Makes proposals for changes where necessary.
- As a subject matter expert in assigned areas, provides guidance and trains when necessary, support staff on the correct application of rules in the processing of routine transactions, encouraging them to bring to his/her attention any particular situations or types of problems which occur regularly. Proposes ways of improving transactions as seen from an implementation perspective.
- When required, provides guidance to managers and staff on correct application of HR rules, regulations and procedures.
- Provides a variety of technically specialized services including verification of entitlements, reviewing execution orders, and discussing with supervisors non-routine cases that warrant a detailed examination.
- Assists the supervisor in Global Management System (GSM)/Technical/System Management and GSM Quality Assurance.
- Assists in ensuring effective support to GSM users on HR functionalities.
- Ensures that all Seibel Service Requests (SRs) for GHR are processed in a timely manner.
- Allocates daily transactions to staff within the teams.
- Other duties as required.
- Essential: University Degree with specialization in Human Resources, Business Administration or related fields.
- Good knowledge of HR management concepts and applications in a larger Organizational context.
- Ability to lead and motivate a group of team members to achieve the unit's goal.
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize the workload.
- Ability to multi-task while paying attention to detail.
- Sound judgment, integrity and tact when dealing with others.
- Ability to plan and manage projects.
- Good analytical and general organizational skills.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills.
- Able to impart knowledge to others.
WHO Core Competencies:
- Communicating in a credible and effective way.
- Fostering integration and teamwork.
- Producing results.
- Creating an empowering and motivating environment.
- Ensuring the effective use of resources.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience at a professional level in the area of Human Resources administration.
- Experience in the application of rules and regulations in a large organizational entity.
- Proven experience in leading a team.
- Desirable: Experience in working in a Shared Service Centre would be an advantage.
- Essential: Excellent knowledge of English both written and spoken
- Desirable: Knowledge of French or another WHO official language would be an advantage.