Thinking of a Career in Emergency Management?
- BY Nicole Pelette
Description of duties:
- As one of the National Professional Officers (NPOs) within the Global Human Resources (GHR) Team, and under the direct supervision of a Human Resources Officer/Manager, the incumbent will lead a sub-unit within GHR.
- He/she will provide guidance and advice to the team members in contract issuance and maintenance as well as in administration of entitlements. He/she will also provide support to developmental activities to improve performance where necessary.
The duties to be performed by the incumbent will cover, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist supervisor in setting the objectives for the team;
- Make proposals to improve internal efficiencies and support the delivery of results in developing and implementing strategies;
- Analyze training needs for the team and develop training plans and ensure the effective delivery of the plan;
- Provide a variety of technically specialized services in the areas of contract and entitlements administration, including verification and/or approval (within the delegated authority) of contracts, letters, and other official documents and authorization of entitlements and statutory travel requests;
- Set, plan and monitor objectives and priorities for the sub-team;
- Evaluate performance of team members and provide regular feedback;
- Motivate team members to provide high-quality, client-oriented services;
- Monitor compliance with the Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Special Operations procedures (SOP) and draw attention to deviations and errors so that corrective actions can be taken;
- Ensure that HR Operations are correctly implemented in the Global Management System (GSM);
- Provide guidance and when necessary, train team members on the correct application of rules in the processing of transactions, encouraging them to bring to his/ her attention any complex cases and/or issues;
- Bring to the attention of the supervisor cases that warrant special attention or detailed analysis. Prepare background information and a recommendation to facilitate the decision making process;
- Propose process improvements as necessary;
- Assist his/her supervisor in reviewing and resolving complex HR issues raised by staff members;
- Provide guidance to clients on correct application of Staff Rules, HR policies and procedures;
- Take the lead role on specific projects and provide technical support as needed;
- Provide effective support to GSM users on HR Modules;
- Assist the supervisor in GSM/Technical/System Management and GSM Quality Assurance;
- Perform other duties as required.
- University degree from a recognized university with specialization in human resources management, business administration, behavioral sciences or any other related field.
- Excellent knowledge of HR management concepts and applications in a larger Organizational context.
- Ability to lead and motivate a group of team members to achieve the unit's goal.
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize workload.
- Good planning and applied management skills.
- Analytical and general organizational skills.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills.
- Ability to impart knowledge to others.
- A minimum of five years of proven experience in the area of human resources management at a professional level.
- Supervisory experience preferably in a large organization.
- Experience in the application of HR policies and procedures.
- Experience in working in a Shared Service Centre.
- Experience in Oracle or another ERP system such as SAP or People Soft.
- Expert knowledge of English, both written and spoken.
- Intermediate knowledge of French, both written and spoken.
- This vacancy is open to Malaysian nationals living in the local commuting area.
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- Other similar positions at the same level may be filled from this Vacancy Notice; including those of a temporary nature for a period of 12 months.
- A written test may be used for screening purposes.
- Other benefits include: 30 days annual leave, child allowance, pension plan and medical insurance.
- Annual salary ranges from MYR116,194 to MYR146,539 depending on qualifications, skills, and experience.
How To Apply:
- If you are Interested kindly use the following link to apply: https://erecruit.who.int/public/hrd-cl-vac-view.asp?o_c=1000&jobinfo_uid_c=34036&vaclng=en