Thinking of a Career in Emergency Management?
- BY Nicole Pelette
Purpose of the Position:
- To facilitate donor relations and to strengthen fundraising capacity of staff in the Country Office and Sub-Offices.
- Under the direct supervision of the Deputy WR and overall guidance of WR, the incumbent is a team member responsible for implementation of resource mobilization strategies and covering protocol issues.
- The incumbent shall seek guidance of EMRO on resource mobilization strategies and protocol issues.
- He/she will maintain wide range of contact with donors, health development partners, administrative structures of different entities to facilitate high level meetings and missions.
Summary of Assigned Duties:
- Implement fundraising strategies including establishment of systematic and planned approaches to regular interaction with donors, drafting and submission of proposals, reporting documents and timely receipt and acknowledgement of funds, in line with WHO procedures and donors' specific requirements.
- Organize regular briefings, meetings, visits and events with the donors and health development partners, and devise action plan for follow-up.
- Survey fundraising opportunities among donors, regularly update donor profiles and maintain a monitoring database for donor assistance, maintain database of contacts of external partners;
- Compile consolidated reports for donors as stipulated in the donor agreements. Disseminate to the partners the WHO information/advocacy reports relating to donor assisted programs.
- Strengthen fundraising capacity of staff by developing proposals on training needs and providing advice to staff on fundraising techniques.
- Inform proposal development teams on the requirements of each donor/funding facility and ensure timely submission of proposals.
- Essential: University degree in social, international relations or political science.
- Desirable: Training or good understanding of budgetary and financial processes.
Functional Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong interpersonal, representational and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated success in resource mobilization and public relations.
- Sound knowledge of external relations, policy analysis and relationship development involving donors and external partners.
- Knowledge of financial mechanisms for non-budget contributions from donor countries.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Essential: At least 2 years' experience in resource mobilization, international or public relations with emphasis on donor relations.
- Desirable: Experience in an International Organization or NGO, especially related to health promotion. Experience in working with diverse stakeholders (governments, the UN system, civil society).
- Excellent knowledge of English and the local language.