National Project Communication Officer
International Labour Organization, Sarajevo, Bosnia-Herzegovina
Closing Date for Applications:
The National Project Communication Officer will report directly to the Chief Technical Advisor (CTA) of the EU4BusinesRecovery project and LEPII Project Coordinator and work in coordination with the ILO Decent Work Technical Support Team and Country Office for Central and Eastern Europe in Budapest (DWT/CO-Budapest), with the Employment Specialist of DWT/CO-Budapest as higher-level chief. Cooperation with the relevant ILO HQ departments might be required.
Description of Duties
- Prepare a communication strategy for the project and manage its implementation.
- Work in close collaboration with the CTA and Project Coordinator to design and revise project annual work plans as well as preparation of the budget proposal, considering different approaches and alternative methods, management, problem identification and problem resolution, especially for the parts of the Project supporting the institutional and capacity development of constituents, government agencies, line ministries, and social partners.
- Review, verify and analyze work plans, progress and final reports and other data for clarity, consistency and completeness and monitor the progress of Project activities. Follow-up on delayed documents, clarify information, and answer questions about clearance and processing requirements to support successful completion of agreed activities.
- Assist in the programming and control of resources of the project targeting visibility actions, prepare budget estimates and expenditure forecasts by analysing and monitoring situation of resources as compared to planned activities and making recommendations for remedial action. Identify problems, propose solutions and actions.
- Lead in cooperation activities related to promotion, communication and visibility actions of the projects, development and implementation of projects communication and visibility strategies. Coaching local partnerships in effective communication with the public and target groups
- Writing press releases and other media communications to promote project activities
- Preparing and editing project publications, including newsletter for internal and external audiences
- Provide programming and administrative support to cooperation activities related to creation of start-ups and delivery of help desk services together with the implementing agents (Local Partnerships) …
- Participate in the preparation and conduct of conferences, seminars, workshops, training sessions, and consultative meetings.. Undertake missions to project sites independently or accompanying others.
- Responding to requests for information release or press conference from the media or designating a spokesperson or source of information.
- Brief ILO specialists, project experts, associate experts and visiting officials and provide relevant information on project matters. Draft, edit, or translate into local language official correspondence, statements and speeches and other public information materials.
- Lead in the preparation of briefs, background information, technical reports and periodic progress reports and statistical data on status of the overall activities of the Project.
- Updating and maintaining Web content in coordination with DCOMM and in line with ILO and donor rules
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Country Director, CTA and Project Coordinator.
- Throughout the work, the incumbent must follow the ILO Standard Operational Procedures and Rules Concerning Covid-19 as well as the national rules on Covid-19.
- First level university degree in economics, public policies, development studies or a relevant field. An advanced degree on studies on labour economics would be a strong advantage.
- At least one year of professional experience at the national level in the area of project management, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, communications and visibility actions. Proven experience in working effectively with government bodies in charge of policy making and with development partners would be an asset.
- Technical requirements: Good knowledge of EU visibility and communication rules, implementation of partnership-based programmes for local economic development and grants managements.
- Excellent knowledge of Bosnian/Serbian/Croatian) and English.