National Project Coordinator
International Labour Organization, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
Description of tasks
Support and monitor the Technical Assistance provided to the national and local counterparts for the design of employment programs and policies in a context of social dialogue to the inter-institutional coordination spaces and tripartite spaces created or strengthened within the framework of the project;
- In coordination with your supervisor, design the strategy for and facilitate tripartite and / or bipartite social dialogue processes that are organized for the construction of policies and actions in favor of formal employment.
- Prepare terms of reference and identify suitable external collaborators to carry out economic and legal studies on employment issues, coordinate the corresponding hiring, evaluate the work and authorize the payment of the consultancy in a timely manner.
- Support your supervisor, to contact and coordinate with the corresponding departments at Headquarters, the Regional Office, CINTERFOR, and other agencies to facilitate the execution of the project and achieve the objectives established in its work plan.
- Support and coordinate with the ACTRAV and ACTEMP Specialists of the ILO Office in San José in the planning, coordination, implementation and monitoring of activities with Workers 'Organizations and Employers' Organizations in the country within the framework of the project.
- Prepare detailed reports on project results, public information materials and each mission and submit them to your supervisor.
- Participate in the preparation and conduct of conferences, seminars, workshops, training sessions, and consultation meetings. Speak on behalf of the project when you attend these meetings alone. Undertake missions to the places where the project is developed independently or accompanying other people.
- Brief ILO specialists, project experts, associate experts and visiting officials and provide relevant information on project topics. Write, edit official correspondence, statements and speeches and any other public information material in the local language.
- Lead the preparation of information sessions, context information, technical reports and periodic progress reports and statistical data on the status of general project activities.
- Carry out other functions assigned by the supervisor.
- First-level university degree in economics, public policy, development studies, or a relevant field. Having a higher degree in labor economics studies will be of great advantage.
- At least two years of professional experience at the national level in the area of management, execution, projects or initiatives related to Public Policies with special emphasis on employment issues.
- Demonstrable work experience carried out in / with government entities in charge of the elaboration, implementation and / or monitoring and evaluation of policies and with development partners will be valued.
- Excellent command of the Spanish language and intermediate knowledge of the English language.