National Project Coordinator -Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Officer
International Labour Organization, Kampala, Uganda
Closing Date for Applications:
Under the overall responsibility of the Country Director, ILO CO Dar es Salaam, the Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Officer will perform the duties under the direct supervision of Programme Technical Officer leading country-level implementation of the PROSPECTS programme and will receive further technical guidance from DWT relevant specialists, Global M&E Officer of the Programme.
Description of Duties
- Develop the programme M&E system in Uganda and its tools and templates in collaboration with the overall PROSPECTS M&E Office considering the accountability and learning dimensions (including on national stakeholder)
- Collect data on a regular basis to support the monitoring & evaluation of the programme’s KPI, using primary or secondary data sources, including undertaking regular field visits to support implementation of monitoring and evaluations.
- Coordinate and ensure the quality of annual surveys, midline and end-line studies for relevant project key performance indicators (KPI). Develop a strategy to collect missing data to complete baseline
- Develop data quality assurance processes to ensure data reliability, validity, timeliness of data entry and analysis and the harmonization of all data collection systems and update and maintain the M&E database, analyse data and identify findings for reporting purposes.
- Develop and keep track of a beneficiary database, based on key programme outputs, using tools to avoid double counts and ensuring timely data entry.
- Supply the Global PROSPECTS M&E Officer with all relevant M&E data on a bi-monthly, semi-annual or annual basis as required. Ensure the programme’s planning tools (e.g. work plans, financial forecasting, etc.) and its processes are adequate, and support the programme team to develop their work plans and monitor its progress efficiently.
- Lead, prepare and support the programme team in producing consolidated quarterly and annual progress reports, including identification of problems, causes of potential bottlenecks in implementation and lessons learned. Provide specific recommendations based on lessons and ensure timely submission of reports in accordance with approved deadlines and reporting formats.
- Conduct regular monitoring & evaluation of implementing partners/service providers’ performance and delivery and identify good practices and develop case studies to capture and promote qualitative results of the programme.
- Prepare the programme for the mid-term and final evaluations, and provide all required support to ensure a smooth process
- Lead in coordination with the project team the implementation of the learning agenda. Support proactively the project team in organize learning events with stakeholders to make maximum use of the M&E system for learning (virtually and in face-to-face meetings, online publications, etc.)
- Support the project team sharing of the programme lessons and results, with other ILO participating countries and other Implementing Agencies of PROSPECTS
- Participate in regular M&E meetings with other ILO focal points and the global M&E Officer to share on progress, challenges and solutions
- Support the Country Office with inputs from PROSPECTS to feed in in the Decent Work Country Programme and in the UN Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned by supervisor and or Country Office Director.
- First level university degree in Development, Statistics, ICT, Social Science, Economics, Education, Labour or a related discipline/field relevant to the job.
- Three years of professional experience in Monitoring, Evaluation and learning/knowledge management within the international development context.
- Experience with project management tools, such as Microsoft Projects (desirable).
- Experience in developing and managing Monitoring and Evaluation systems.
- Expertise in analysing data using statistical software and managing databases.
- Capacity to produce high-quality briefs and reports in English.
- Experience in planning, managing and providing technical backstopping to surveys.
- Experience developing and refining data collection tools.
- Experience in produce brief notes, infographics and related products.
- Excellent command of English. Working knowledge of French is an asset.