The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist Governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors, and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
The NPP will work under the overall supervision of FAO Representative (FAOR) in Tajikistan.
The NPP is responsible for leading the development and overseeing implementation of the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) activities for FAO Representation in Tajikistan.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Lead the development of and oversee the review of project level Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) plans and associated work plans for each project component/ activity;
- Develop field monitoring plans based on agreed upon progress and target indicator sets and conduct ongoing field and desk monitoring activities;
- Be responsible for sourcing data and information for specific M&E needs directly from the primary target groups, stakeholders and partners;
- Provide support in technical work, such as: reviewing the M&E methods, carrying out training needs, designing M&E tools and providing M&E technical assistance;
- Oversee and participate in evaluations and assessments of the projects activities;
- Ensure quality control of M&E outputs, including by contributing substantively to the design and field testing of the monitoring methodology, review participatory data collection methods, data verification techniques, and other technical evaluation and analytical tasks conducted;
- Adopt a programmatic approach to CPF implementation and accordingly assess and prioritize the resources needed to support the CPF; and develop and implement Resource Mobilization and Monitoring and Evaluation strategies for the CPF;
- Develop and maintain a M&E database for the projects and contribute to the maintenance of a database of the projects;
- Maintain a detailed knowledge of all relevant issues impacting his/her field of M&E;
- Ensure mentoring and training of projects team to foster capacity building on M&E knowledge;
- Support any M&E missions under the projects;
- Review M&E mechanisms, processes and procedures of the projects;
- Actively participate in development of beneficiaries selection criteria for distribution of goods and inputs under Letter of Agreements (LoAs) and procurement contracts and ensure compliance of selected beneficiaries with developed criteria;
- Monitor projects progresses through field visits, provide feedback after the M&E conducted;
- Serve as a focal point for providing M&E inputs;
- Provide support in the consolidation of periodic reports for submission to donors, including the coordination of integrated data collection for projects reporting and ensuring the timely compilation of data and reports;
- Advise FAO staff members on project implementation based on M&E results and actively participate in discussions which contribute to efficient, effective and impact oriented projects implementations;
- Prepare and deliver projects M&E development reports, weekly reports, monthly, annual reports and other documents;
- Perform other duties as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- University degree in Public Policy, Social Sciences, Economics, Social Research, Development Studies or other related field. Master degree in these areas is desirable;
- At least five years of experience in project/programme management, monitoring and evaluation in the development sector;
- Fluency in oral and written English, Russian and Tajik;
- National of Tajikistan.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Proven knowledge and experience of implementing M&E systems, including the capacity to develop and implement integrated data collection systems;
- Ability to effectively manage project information systems, including developing and maintaining efficient filing systems for project information in soft and hard copy formats;
- High level communication skills, including sound writing skills with the ability to assist in drafting proposals, briefing papers, concept notes, reports to donors, and prepare presentations as required in English and Russian;
- Excellent computer skills, including command of MS Word and Excel, and familiarity with imaging software and databases. Knowledge of data management and statistical software packages;
- High sense of responsibility, willingness to take initiative and work well within a team;
- Excellent research and analytical skills, including the ability to obtain data sources, from local to national levels;
- Affinity with the mandate and role of the United Nations and FAO.