The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative (FAOR), is to assist Governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors, and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
The National Procurement Specialist shall operate under the overall guidance and supervision of the FAO Representative (FAOR) in Tajikistan, in close collaboration with the staff of the Representation including the technical officers responsible for project cycle management as well as in liaison with the Procurement Service (CSLP) in FAO headquarters.
The National Procurement Specialist will provide administrative and operational procurement related support according to procurement manuals and the best practices of the Organization.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Liaison with the Shared Services Centre (SSC) and the Regional Office for Europe and Central Asia (REU) on all matters related to applying best practices and relevant administrative FAO mechanisms;
- Support the general administrative work of the Representation including general office management and procurement;
- Ensure full compliance with FAO rules, regulations, and policies of financial and administrative activities, financial recording/reporting system, implementation of effective internal controls, proper functioning of a client-oriented financial resources management systems and follow-up on audit recommendations;
- Ensure compliance with administrative rules, regulations and procedures of the organization.
- Review procurement requests recommend the most appropriate procurement approach;
- Develop, monitor and regularly update procurements plans, ensure timely delivery of goods and services and its compliance with the requests;
- Initiate and follow-up procurement actions up to their completion (falling under the delegation of the FAO Representative, as a Buyer for goods, works and services), in liaison with all stakeholders and in line with FAO rules and procedures;
- Follow up with the requesting unit on necessary supporting documentation and clearances as required;
- Facilitate timely provision of goods and services by reviewing and managing the procurement process, recommending best approach and contracting modalities adhering to the principal objectives of Best Value for Money, fairness, transparency, economy and efficiency; Advise when adjustments to procedures may be required and propose alternative solutions to meet office and programme objectives, in the respect of FAO procurement principles;
- Facilitate solicitation of quotations for provision of goods, works and services for programme and projects;
- Conduct market surveys via available reference resources and database and maintain updated list of local suppliers;
- Prepare tender documents, Invitation for Bid (ITB), Request for Quotation (RFQ) and Request for Proposal (RFP);
- Facilitate the evaluation process, in liaison with the relevant technical divisions, by preparing commercial evaluations and relevant notes/reports, organizing Local Procurement Committee (LPC) meetings and ensuring budget holders’ clearance before issuance of a Purchase Order (PO);
- Monitor suppliers’ performance with respect to the quality and timely delivery of goods and services;
- Collaborate with inspection companies on verification of delivered/arrived goods;
- Arrangement of custom clearance procedures on arrived goods on FAO’s name as well as arrangement of inspections upon inquiries;
- Maintain local inventory records with responsibility for proper recording of assets, their maintenance, custody and safeguard;
- Ensure that all necessary procurement related data is recorded in corresponding software;
- Assure proper filing of all procurement related documentation;
- Assist in other administrative related issues as per requirement.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s desirable) in Business Administration, Public Administration or other related field;
- At least 6 years of relevant work experience, preferably in international organizations;
- Proficiency in English and Russian languages; Knowledge of Tajik language would be an asset;
- National of the Republic of Tajikistan.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.);
- Affinity with the mandate and role of the United Nations and FAO.