National Specialist in Climate Change and Natural Resource Management
Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, Dushanbe, Tajikistan
Closing Date for Applications:
The National Specialist on Climate Change (CC) and Natural Resource Management (NRM) operates under the overall guidance and responsibility of the FAO Representative in Tajikistan, the technical guidance of the Lead Technical Officer (LTO) and Chief Technical Advisor (CTA), in close collaboration with the Technical Experts and supported by Projects personnel.
The National Specialist on Climate Change (CC) and Natural Resource Management (NRM) reports to FAO Representative in Tajikistan.
Support the implementation of FAO’s resilience agenda at a global, regional, sub regional and/or country level.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Participate in development of project(s) working plan(s);
- Plan, organize, facilitate and report on project(s) implementation and project(s) event(s);
- Provide technical support for the current implementing projects related to CC and NRM;
- Provide technical inputs for the development of CC and NRM related program/project proposals in Tajikistan;
- Provide technical support for the organization of multi-stakeholder meetings and other events;
- Support the close cooperation with related Technical Officers of FAO, contracting parties and counterpart(s) for implementation of the project;
- Prepare monthly reports summarizing his/her findings, conclusions and recommendations;
- Carry out any other relevant activities as may be deemed necessary.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Relevant University background, preferably Master’s degree in environmental protection, NRM, CC mitigation/adaptation, agriculture, land reclamation, agro-meteorology, hydrology or similar field
- A minimum of 5 years of professional working experience, preferably in development and field implementation of development projects, in CC mitigation and adaptation, NRM, energy efficiency, CC risks management in agricultural sector or similar fields
- Working knowledge of English and Tajik is required. Knowledge of Russian will be considered an asset.
- Nationals of Tajikistan
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Excellent reporting skills;
- Excellent presentation and communication skills;
- Proficiency in using computer and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.);
- Affinity with the mandate and role of the United Nations and FAO
- Acquaintance with models and tools for Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Emission Estimation according to IPCC is desirable; experience in working with FAO GHG estimation tools is an asset
- Computer skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Skype, Internet, Email)