In particular, s/he will:
- Ensure full and coherent coordination with the Programme Manager
for the overall management and administration of the Technical
Cooperation and Capacity Building in Management programmes and
- Support the overall implementation of the project(s) with the
main Government counterparts and partners – in particular MoI - and
ensure the timely implementation of the project activities;
- Act as liaison with MOI for the development of
international/regional partnership and liaison with implementing parties
to ensure proper coordination and implementation of all
aspects/activities of the projects;
- Assist in developing a clear Action Plan (organizational,
administrative, training, logistics) to implement the planned activities
within the budget and timeframe of the project;
- Monitor and advise the relevant departments and the senior
management of the Ministry of Internal Affairs on Migration management
- Identify possible areas of cooperation to develop supporting programmes for MOI in migration management initiatives for Egypt;
- Assist in the development of work plans for the implementation of IOM's migration management activities in Egypt;
- Support the close monitoring and evaluation of IOM projects in
the area of technical cooperation and capacity building in migration
management for MOI;
- Assist in the organization and delivery of trainings in line with
project activities that will be required for the implementation of the
project(s) when required;
- Perform any other relevant duties within the framework of cooperation with MOI.
- Bachelor degree in police sciences with minimum two years of
Experience or equivalent law enforcement training. Or master degree with
- Rank: at least major, superintendent or equivalent
· 5 years of relevant working experience in the field of labour migration and/or migration and development;
· Have broad operational and supervising experience in migration management policing.
· Extensive experience in international law enforcement operations in the area of migration management.
· Experience in integrated approach to migration management.
· International experience, particularly in crisis areas with multi-national and international organizations is desirable.
· Experience in public administration structures is desirable.
· Good familiarity with diplomatic environment, NGO’s, International Organizations;
· Proven analytical, interpersonal and organizational skills.
· Being able to travel within the tasks assigned under this ToR.
· Good level of computer literacy.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their updated CV with a cover letter to HRDcairo@iom.int by October 19, 2016 at the latest, mentioning the reference code and the job title in the mail subject line.
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts
profiles duly completed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.