World Food Programme, Rome, Italy
Closing Date for Applications:
The incumbent will play a crucial role in visioning and delivering this vision for new network technologies optimize WAN technologies and improve IT security in the organisation. He/she will also play a key role in implementation of new network infrastructures and services in HQ including defining project requirements and its plan, as well as integrating different IP scenarios. Lastly, the consultant will also be responsible for ensuring that the WFP satellite and terrestrial providers can successfully deliver technical solutions related to new corporate initiatives into the organization's network.
- Administer, implement and maintain WFP LAN/WAN infrastructure, including Wi-Fi and Firewalls.
- Work with the other units to seek better ways to optimise network infrastructure and performance over the WAN/LAN. Participate proactively in proof of concepts and roll out activities of approved projects.
- Collaborate closely with the IT security teams to provide high level network guidance and support for prevention and mitigation of threats and abuses on the WFP core network.
- Implement approved network security polices globally.
- Sustain corporate guidance, SOPS, standards, and roadmaps on LAN, WAN, satellite and wireless technologies, SD-WAN and WAN optimizations.
- Provide high level expertise on routing, VPN, QoS, integration of WFP WAN with external providers and other network-related policies.
- Periodically review QoS design and implementation to prioritize and improve the performance of WFP critical business applications.
- Consolidate, fine-tune and integrate traffic statistics of the WFP Corporate Network by using in house monitoring systems to better assess field capacity requirements, utilisation and metrics to aide decision making on network requirements and polices.
- Provide technical support in following: PBX integration into existing WFP voice infrastructure for field Offices; to Headquarters and field operations for audio/video and webcast services; second level support to the IT Service Desk and liaise with third party vendors to troubleshoot network issues.
- Any other duties as required
Qualifications & Experience Required
- University degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- CISCO CCNP Certification required.
- Fortinet NSE 4 and 5 Certification required
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant professional work experience, including significant experience in LAN/WAN field.
Technical Skills & Knowledge:
- Network planning, implementation and debugging (LAN, WAN and datacentres).
- Advanced switching and routing based on various Cisco platforms (29xx, 39xx, Nexus,9xxx and others).
- VPN technologies (IPSEC, DMVPN, MPLS).
- Strong knowledge of information Systems Security (Cisco ASA, HP Tipping point. Sonicwall, Fortigate).
- Network access control (Cisco ISE).
- Wireless LAN technologies (Cisco, Ruckus, Proxim).
- WAN technologies (Cisco,Fortinet).
- Network Monitoring tool WhatsUp Gold,Orion SolarWinds, IP Monitor, Cisco Prime, Fluke VPM, NTop.
- VoIP - Mitel,Cisco Unified, Skype for Business, Polycom, Unified communication.
- SIP PABX.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work effectively independently;
- Ability to work in a team-oriented and collaborative environment ;
- Keen attention to detail, analytical and problem-solving abilities;
- Fluency in oral and written English.
- Intermediate knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish) or Portuguese (one of WFP's working languages) is desirable.