Networking and Partnership Development Officer
United Nations Volunteers, Georgia
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
Description of task
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of EVAW Programme Analyst and Head of Sub-Office the UN Volunteer Networking and Partnership Development Officer will undertake the following tasks:
- Assist in negotiating agreements and setting up implementation mechanisms partners and ensure that agreements are established in conformity with financial rules and the latest instructions.
- Support the Head of UN Women Sub-Office in review the implementation and performance of project activities, including through appropriate physical monitoring to evaluate the projects by reviewing work plans, progress reports, budget, financial reports and expenditures; undertake field visits as required.
- Undertake proper collection, monitoring and use of baselines, standards and indicators needed to measure and analyze programme performance, trends and target interventions.
- Develop and conduct training sessions for grassroots’ women on women’s rights and gender equality topics.
- Use the existing tools to assess the technical soundness of the operation and generate data for evidence-based decisions at the country-level.
- Assist in ensuring compliance in issuance of audit certificates for Implementing Partners.
- Draft minutes from the meetings, the monitoring and other reports (as specified in the individual work plan) to ensure proper documentation of project activities along with an impact and solutions achieved.
- Support establishment and maintenance of networking and cooperation among civil society organizations (CSOs) and volunteers working on GBV and related issues.
- Support the Head of Sub-Office in coordinating UN Women/UNHCR initiatives with other UN Agencies located in Sukhumi;
- Liaise and coordinate with UN Women Office staff as per her/his duties in the individual work plan;
- Provide any other relevant support to the supervisor and/or the Head of Sub-Office, related to UN Women’s mandate and project aims, through performing other duties.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Required degree level: Master degree or equivalent
- Education - Additional Comments:
- Advanced higher degree (Master’s or equivalent) in Social science, social work, gender studies, development studies or similar.
- Required experience: 24 Months
- At least 2 years of professional work experience at the national and/or international level in implementing development programmes, analyses of inequalities.
- Experience with project management in the area of Gender Equality is an asset, as is experience working in the UN or other international development organization.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Russian(Mandatory), Level - Fluent