NORCAP/CashCap rosters seeks Cash and Market based programme experts
Norwegian Capacity, Norway
Closing Date for Applications:
NORCAP is the Norwegian Refugee Council’s expert deployment mechanism. It consists of several, world-leading standby rosters, comprising more than 1200 highly qualified women and men. NORCAP strengthens international and local partners’ capacity to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crisis. We do this by delivering the right expertise, building strategic partnerships and advocating for more effective action.
NORCAP rosters’ experts work with UN agencies, humanitarian organizations, development actors and national stakeholders to save lives, build resilient communities, ensure peaceful transitions from conflict and promote sustainable governance.
Successful candidates will be placed in the NORCAP or CashCap roster according to their expertise and experience in Cash and Market based response.
We currently have several priority deployments with our UN partners and we require experts with high level technical skills and knowledge of cash programming. Roles and responsibilities includes:
- Provide technical guidance and support to field teams, humanitarian partners and local authorities on cash-related issues and activities to ensure programme quality, adherence to agreed standards, national policies, best practices and impact soundness in their implementation.
- Build strategic alliances with other key actors internally and externally to advocate for cash transfer programming and ensure continuity of advocacy efforts.
- Engage actively in multi-sectorial responses, facilitate capacity building of implementing partners and national authorities.
- Develop training modules, information, education and communication materials specific to the context and culture as required, and conduct training as required.
- Contribute to the development of technical guidelines, advise and support project planning, design and implementation, considering local context, and available technologies.
- Ensure monitoring mechanisms are in place and ensure data collection and reporting is carried out systematically.
- Include considerations of long-term sustainable solutions in all phases of planning anf implementation.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in both French and English. Arabic is an advantage.
- University degree within a relevant field of study.
- Minimum 4-6 years of professional humanitarian experience (equivalent to the UN P3 level or higher).
- Extensive experience in the Cash and Market based response. A very good understanding of the social, financial and economic processes relating to Cash.
- Proven experience and ability to develop technical tools and guidance, and capacity building for multiple agencies.
- Practical experience with protection mainstreaming in cash based approaches.
- Experience in cluster or cash working group (active participation or coordination).
- Ability to conduct data analysis using various methods, and apply judgement in the context of assignments given.
- Experience in working with the private sector (banking and mobile services) will be highly regarded.
- Experience in leading or actively participating in cash transfer programming advocacy initiatives.
- Sound computer skills, familiarity with UN reporting methods and software.
- College / University, Master / Phd grade
- Ability to work in a collaborative manner with team members and with multiple stakeholders at various levels from national to sub-national and community levels.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in highly stressful situations and contexts.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Analytical and creative thinking for rapid solutions.
- An opportunity to work in an international setting for a globally recognized organization.
- Significant life experiences, professional and self-development through exposure to varied contexts and settings.
- Good staff care and training opportunities.
- The possibility of professional networking within your area of expertise and interest.
- Protection is at the heart of the work that we do; candidates selected for interview can expect for this aspect of their profile to be explored in some detail.
- Candidates are expected to be available for mission within the first 1-2 months of having been accepted to the roster.
- Shortlisted candidates will need to pass an English test as part of the selection process.
- Kindly submit your CV and application in English and include your full name as written in your passport.
- Candidates from Norway and the Global South will be prioritized.
- All candidates will get feedback within three weeks after the closing date of this advertisement.
Source : https://www.nrc.no/vacancies/