World Vision, Congo
Closing Date for Applications:
Purpose of the post
Provide technical support for the implementation and monitoring of the Nutrition component within the UNICEF project to reduce child morbidity and mortality by building community capacities.
Main responsibilities :
- Provide technical support in the development of nutrition training modules in the UNICEF project by following the project's nutrition approach model
- Work in collaboration with the health zone to promote best practices on nutrition-related projects.
- Submission of reports for nutrition related issues according to World Vision standards.
- Support the implementation of nutrition activities according to the UNICEF project model
- Provide a supportive follow-up visit to review the integration and implementation of nutrition program / project activities.
- Facilitate capacity building on nutrition of community nutrition structures to support child nutrition through the NAC and IYCF model.
Qualifications: Education / Knowledge / Technical Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Have a Diploma in Medicine or Nursing, Diploma in Public Health or Nutrition,
- Have at least three years' experience in supporting Nutrition, preferably with international NGOs; medical care
- Have at least three years of experience in the Nutrition project implemented in collaboration with the health zones
- Have at least 1 year of experience in monitoring the NAC and IYCF approach
- Be rigorous, picky and able to work in an unstable environment and to show practicality according to the circumstances,
- To be able to work under pressure, to be able to work in a multicultural environment,
- Ability to write summary reports,
- Good understanding of the humanitarian industry and the environment of international NGOs,
- Ability to plan and organize work on time and manage multiple files at once while paying attention to detail,
- Fluency in French and local languages (knowledge of Swahili is an asset),
- Good knowledge of IT in general (Powerpoint, Word, Explorer, Internet, etc.) and perfect command of Excel in particular,
- Be committed to the core values of World Vision,
- Be able to work in a team,
- Be able to ensure management based on expected results
- Perform any other task requested by the hierarchy.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Must be attentive to details
- Must be a committed Christian, able to rise above denominational diversity.
- Attend and participate in daily devotions and weekly chapel services.