PATH, Beira(Sofala), Mozambique
Closing Date for Applications:
- Provide support to the Ministry of Health and facilities in implementing identified ENAs at facilities including on-the-job training and coaching and mentoring on nutrition, as needed.
- Provide support to the Ministry of Health and facilities in implementing nutrition services by providing training, coaching and mentoring on nutrition to health providers in the areas of maternal nutrition, maternal anemia, infant and young child feeding, growth monitoring, and also identification and treatment for acute malnutrition , for selected districts.
- Provide technical support and build local capacity of health providers on maternal anemia, maternal nutrition, weight gain during pregnancy, infant and young child feeding, growth monitoring, through training of health providers and supportive supervision.
- Work closely with district facility-based nutrition officers and assist them as needed with implementing, monitoring and reporting on nutrition indicators.
- Assist the Nutrition Team leader with collecting nutrition indicator data and ensuring we are meeting targets.
- Represent MCSP at provincial and district nutrition coordinating committees and nutrition technical working groups.
- Assist the Nutrition team leader and other nutrition officers (* other nutrition officers are in Nampula only) with annual work planning, training plans and quarterly reports and other required technical reports in nutrition.
- Contribute to timely, accurate and appropriate reporting of nutrition program activities and results.
- Coordinate with the Nutrition Team leader, other members of the MCSP technical team and NGO partners to develop and implement feasible facility-based approaches.
- Perform other duties as assigned which contribute to the achievement of program goals.
- Nurse or Nurses’ Assistant with training or work experience in nutrition; knowledge of infant and young child feeding is a plus.
- At least 2 years working in nutrition (at the national or provincial level) or three courses on nutrition interventions.
- Personal and professional commitment to gender equality.
- Proven capacity to plan, analyze and ensure routine monitoring of nutrition or other health indicators.
- Ability to live and work in Nampula Province and travel within the province up to 30% of the time.
- Excellent written, interpersonal and oral communication/presentation skills, including the ability to work effectively with a diverse team of staff and counterparts.
- Portuguese fluency (verbal and written) required.
- Mozambican nationals strongly encouraged to apply.
- Experience living and working at the provincial level;
- Prior experience working with Mozambique’s public health system;
- Fluency in speaking and writing in English;
- Prior experience working with USAID funded projects.
How To Apply:
- If you are Interested kindly use the following link to apply: https://path.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobinfo&jobid=301892&source=ONLINE&JobOwner=1013109&company_id=15780&version=1&byBusinessUnit=&bycountry=&bystate=&byRegion=&bylocation=&keywords=&byCat=&proximityCountry=&postalCode=&radiusDistance=&isKilometers=&tosearch=no&city=