United Nations Volunteers (UNV) , Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Closing Date for Applications:
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Social Policy Specialist, the national UN Volunteer will provide support on the following:
- Ensure the progress and completion of the Secondary data analysis and landscape report by working closely with the UNICEF Regional Consultant and the Nutrition Division of the Ministry of Health;
- Key technical support for government staff, health staff and other stakeholders to address stunting and wasting among under five children;
- Implementation of policy/s to create healthy school environment through enhanced mandatory nutrition guidelines for school canteens and food outlets in preschools, primary and secondary schools
- To use innovation for enangement ith adolescents to promote healthy eating habits, and adviocate for behavioural change
- Assist in the preparation of corresponding reports and presentations;
- facilitate in the preparation of materials and dissemination of findings during meetings and forums as needed
- Liaise with key government, civil society, UN agencies, academics and think-tanks for partnership development in the above mentioned areas of work.
- Assist in the review, data cleaning and quality assurance of existing official raw datasets for nutrition and liaise with the Nutrition Division and the Ministry of Health regarding the review of available datasets.
- Identify areas for further analysis that are not possible with existing data sets (e.g. influencing variables to IYCF related practices and decisions, exposure to junk food related advertising etc.)
- Assist in the drafting and finalization of a summary report on analysis findings and an overview PowerPoint presentation.
- Assist in the facilitation of preparatory briefing and final dissemination workshops as needed
- Engage and identify key stakeholders to work on programme/s to address stunting and wasting under five
- Provide support to MoE for the implementation of mandatory nutirition guidelines and healthy eating environment
- Identify key innovative programmes for adolescent engagement
- Partnership development with key government agencies, NGOs and civil society, UN agencies, academics and think-tanks
Required Skills and Experience
- Advanced university degree or its equivalent in statistics, social policy or a related field with a strong background in quantitative and qualitative methods.
- Preferably 2 to maximum 4 years of relevant work experience in social policy research work
- Fluency in English (written and spoken) and Bahasa Malaysia required
How To Apply:
- If you are Interested kindly use the following link to apply: https://jobs.partneragencies.net/erecruitjobs.html?JobOpeningId=5456