PURPOSE OF POSITION:
World Vision is seeking a Project Manager to provide leadership in managing, implementation and monitoring a large OFDA programme in Syria (based in Gaziantep). Provide day-to-day management to achieve high quality results in line with acceptable project norms relevant to the established goals, objectives and operating policies. Supervise the financial management of the grant in relation to project goals and objectives, monthly activity schedule, timing of expenditures, budgets, etc.
- Ensure project compliance to humanitarian, organizational and donor standards.
- Establish and maintain implementation, procurement and monitoring plans.
- Manage project team in a manner that encourages cooperation, communication, interaction, learning.
- Monitor monthly spending on ongoing & planned activities within the approved budget/s.
- Make sure all documentation & filing system under assigned project are in order.
- Develop monthly, quarterly, semi and final reports.
- Participate in identifying partners and monitor & maintain relationship with partners.
- Regularly engage with field staff/partners to ensure uninterrupted information flow on project implementation.
- Ensure that reporting from the field staff/partners are provided in a timely manner.
- Establish alternative information sharing systems (regular meetings, shared web-engines, etc.).
- Engage with sector specialists to ensure project alignment with technical standards and best practice.
- Coordinate operations under the project with relevant departments.
- Coordinate operations under the project with other NGOs operating in the area of project implementation.
- Conduct weekly/monthly meetings with project staff/partners.
- Participate in external coordination (Clusters, WGs).
- Other tasks assigned by leadership.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- A minimum of 4-6 years operational humanitarian experience with minimum of 3 years in a leadership role in an emergency context.
- Comprehensive knowledge of International Human Rights Law, International Humanitarian Law, Refugee Law, the relevant positions of the UN, ICRC and major NGOs on protection of civilians in particular of IDPs, women and children, the codes of conduct, the Humanitarian Charter, The Sphere Project, etc.
- Proven experience in training, including development of training materials.
- Cultural sensitivity and adaptability.
- Strong communication skills with ability to express ideas and concepts clearly and persuasively with senior members of the humanitarian community as well as with field practitioners.
- Excellent networking skills.
- High degree of negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Ability to work with a reasonably level of comfort in high tension and high security risk situations.
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural contexts, psychologically stressful environs and physical hardships.
- Ability to facilitate the creation of cross-functional project teams and the development of national strategies.
- Understands work from a process point of view and uses measurement and accountability systems effectively.
- Demonstrates openness and transparency.
- Good working knowledge of Arabic and Turkish (oral and written).
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to think strategically, innovatively and practically.
- Technical expertise in and practical working experience with conflict sensitivity and DNH.
- Strong conceptual and practical understanding of humanitarian principles and working with military actors.
- Good understanding of the rights-based approach, show commitment to gender justice, and have a good understanding of the role of local/national civil society in development.
- Experience in mainstreaming cross-cutting issues into organizations, change management and/or organizational development.
- Understanding of the Humanitarian Coordination architecture.
- Have experience and good understanding of monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) incl. peace and conflict impact assessment (PCIA).
- Strong experience and good understanding of facilitating learning incl. experience in designing and delivering trainings as well as knowledge management.
- Experience managing diverse staff/teams including in complex and challenging environments.
- The principal objective is to ensure database management for the Regional Syrian Response by building strong relations and networking with stakeholders in areas of focus regarding Syrian response. The team is also providing that bridging between different stakeholder while enable efficient information shearing.
- Producing, analyzing, interpret and communicate complex and fast moving programmatic information – summarizing and coherently communicating it.
Work Environment/Travel: The position is based in Gaziantep, upon receipt of a work permit.