IFC, a member of the World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. Working with 2,000 businesses worldwide, we use our six decades of experience to create opportunity where it’s needed most. In FY16, our long-term investments in developing countries rose to nearly $19 billion, leveraging our capital, expertise and influence to help the private sector end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity.
IFC South Asia region is seeking applications for Office Administrator role who will primarily assist in overseeing security personnel, drivers, logistics and office cleaning staff (Outsourced). He/ she will ensure/ maintain steady office and facilities supplies and manage overall office facilities administration and maintenance. He/she will also be responsible to manage term/ outsource staff on the front office (Reception) while keeping a tab/ handling visiting missions in the country office and will be the point person for protocol and administrative clearances.
Duties and Accountabilities:
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Advising and assisting the Regional Manager on the areas of office management and administration of overall office operations this would include front desk, travel desk, guards, drivers, kitchen, cleaning, utilities, and office correspondences.
- Responsible for procurement of general office services (supplies, rentals, travel) and maintenance of office and residence property (office premises, housing, vehicles, equipment and furniture); negotiating contracts with vendors and suppliers for facilities maintenance and supplies, including visa requirements.
- Processing necessary government clearances licenses, inspections, registrations and insurance to strictly abide by the law and regulation of the country. Handling visas, custom clearance, fiscal and other office or staff matters relating to the government.
- Hiring and managing of local temporary support staff, as required.
- Coordination of high level visits, local conferences and events, as required.
- Ensuring staff travel policies and procedures are complied with while ensuring issuance of travel tickets for office business and creation of trips in SAP Travel together with reimbursements.
- Drafting correspondence on a range of topics and ensure quality of documents requiring manager's approval and/or signature.
- Liaises with the Department of Foreign Affairs on all protocol issues.
- Acting as Security Focal Point for staff and visitors; liaison with other gov/UN agencies; medical and other emergencies, maintaining internal guidelines and reports, and attending regional security training as required.
- The OA will also handle office/equipment (other than IT) operations, maintenance and repairing; matters involve the landlord; office-related budget/expenditure matters (with the finance team). The OA will be the custodian for all physical assets except IT.
- The OA will work in close collaboration with IBRD Resource Management and Admin staff on a number of processes relating building /facilities, MOU’s and administration issues pertaining to the co-location of all IFC and IBRD offices in the Pacific Region.
Selection Criteria & Competencies :
The successful candidate must demonstrate the following Competencies:
- Technology and systems knowledge – Able to conduct routine work using basic software applications (Microsoft Office, Outlook) and appropriate technology and / or data base management systems.
- Project and task management – Exhibits good organizational, problem-solving skills and ability to work competently with minimal supervision. Demonstrates attention to detail and quality. Has ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize own work and work of internal clients and complete tasks within agreed schedule
- Institutional policies, processes, and procedures - Demonstrates relevant functional knowledge and understanding of institutional priorities, policies, operational and administrative procedures, and people and has ability to apply them in routine situations.
- Versatility and adaptability - Demonstrates initiative and motivation to proactively learn new developments in relevant policies, procedures and technology. Is able proactively identify, prevent and/or solve problems. Able to participate in change activities and initiatives.
- Client Orientation - Able to interact with clients with discretion and diplomacy. Demonstrates ability to resolve complex client related issues. Displays understanding of relevant internal and external factors and their impact to the client. Able to develop good working relationships with internal/external clients.
- Drive for Results - Takes personal ownership and accountability to meet deadlines and achieve agreed-upon results, and has the personal organization to do so.
- Teamwork (Collaboration) and Inclusion - Collaborates with other team members and contributes productively to the team's work and output, demonstrating respect for different points of view.
- Knowledge, Learning and Communication – Demonstrates tact and judgment, good listening and communication skills. Exhibits interest in learning and enhancing own abilities and sharing knowledge.
- Business Judgment and Analytical Decision Making – Demonstrates basic skills in information retrieval and organization, seeks guidance in complex situations.
Other Selection Criteria:
- High School Certificate/graduate, diploma in Secretarial Practice or equivalent is desirable;
- Prior experience in hospitality industry or multi-national companies preferred
- At least 2-5 years of relevant experience;
- Excellent written and spoken English