Office Assistant, Reproductive Health Supplies Coalition
PATH, Brussels, Belgium
Closing Date for Applications:
We are hiring an Office Assistant for the Brussels office to provide administrative support in the following areas:
Office finance and administration
- Assist the office manager with front-office administrative support duties such as maintaining an adequate inventory of office supplies, liaising with local service providers, manage filing systems (paper and electronic), and coordinate incoming telephone calls and mail, welcome visitors, etc.
- Assist in preparation of vouchers for office expenses.
Support to RHSC Director
- Act as the point person for RHSC director which includes assisting with calendar organization by booking meetings with internal and external partners and prepare relevant documentation to support these meetings.
General administrative support
- Organize Brussels staff travel and prepare all necessary documentation including travel authorizations & approvals, advances and expense reports.
- Coordinate team meetings and teleconferences among team members in Washington DC, Brussels, Dakar and Lima; prepare agendas, draft minutes, compile and organize relevant materials, make arrangements for and troubleshoot audio/visual connections, and facilitate post-meeting follow-up.
- Maintain the team calendar to ensure it is updated with key meetings, travel schedules, and annual leave.
- Draft correspondence to donors, partners, and collaborators including cover letters, thank-you letters, and general email correspondence in French and in English.
- Assist with out-of-office emails as requested by Brussels based staff.
- Maintain members’ database to ensure accuracy of contact details and track membership statistics for reporting.
- Process onboarding administration of approved new members including communications and issuance of certificates.
- Maintain online reference library, Supplies Information Database (SID) with the Coalition and its partners’ publications and answer queries from public.
- Coordinate logistics for local and international conferences, workshops, meetings, webinars and other events including equipment needs, communication tools (including but not limited to videoconference, Skype, Skype For Business), catering, travel arrangements, visa applications, hotel suggestions, taxicabs, and other details for staff and guests.
- Administer the RHSC mailbox by responding to queries or forwarding to the appropriate person for follow-up.
- Manage the RHSC Groups (Knowledge Gateway): manage and create listservs, provide training and general support to staff, report bugs and delays, and liaise with web developer for additional support.
- Provide ad hoc translation support for Coalition’s documents from English into French such as the newsletter, factsheets and e-blasts.
- Support the maintenance of the RHSC SharePoint site by uploading and updating documents as requested.
- Revise and proofread French documents as requested.
- Maintain front office as well as common areas.
- Perform other tasks as required.
- Formal administrative/secretarial training
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent typing, databases and computer skills using MS Office Suite required, additional software desired.
- Ability to quickly learn how to use new tools.
- Well organized, effective support for multiple individuals, and adaptable to changing priorities.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, high level of attention to detail and effective under deadlines.
- Reliable and flexible with both work hours and tasks.
- Ability to work in multi-cultural work environment.
- Commitment to quality and service.
- Fluency in English and French.
- Two years of directly related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.