Thinking of a Career in Emergency Management?
- BY Nicole Pelette
Description of duties:
Under the supervision of the Project Manager, GSM Transformation, the incumbent will perform project management activities to ensure that all enhancements or improvements to the Invoice process and the Procure to Pay Module in the GSM are implemented. This includes but not limited to:
- Optimizing the invoice management process in Oracle E-Business Suite by Introducing system-based approval workflows.
- Auto-capture and auto-archive of invoice documents using Oracle Web Centre Content solution.
- The incumbent manages the project according to the triple constraint of scope-time-resource and ensures that all plans are drafted and executed, all processes and specifications are documented, progress is reported, and stakeholders are engaged regularly.
The incumbent will carry out the following duties:
- Develop and maintain project plans with detailed work breakdown structure, dependencies, timelines, milestones, resource levelling and tracking. Report on progress against the baseline plan and impact of changes on the critical path.
- Coordinate daily project activities including but not limited to project team meetings, stakeholder meetings (both internal and external), and code releases. Reprioritize tasks based on the changing environment and escalate issues and risks in timely manner.
- Direct and monitor all project activities from initiation to delivery of the solution. Plan for and assist with solution testing, testing coordination, and release management.
- Ensure a transition and handover from project team to operations team. Document all business rules, functional requirements, technical specifications, and support requirements to ensure smooth transition.
- Work closely and regularly with business partners to develop a Project Initiation Document, solution concepts, requirements, design alternatives, project schedules, and costs.
- Maintain and monitor the project budget against the actual spend. Reconcile the figures and report on financial status.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- A first university degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Information Management or related discipline.
- Certification on Oracle courses.
- Certification in Project Delivery Methods (Prince 2, PMBOK or similar methodologies).
- Certification in ITIL Service Management Framework.
- WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an accredited institution.
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency in effective project management more specifically in application or solution development type of projects.
- Excellent relationship building and client partnering skills.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Proven experience in managing geographically dispersed technical project teams.
- Familiarity with working with external (near shore, offshore, outsourced) resources.
- Capable of prioritizing own workload in a high pressure and time constrained environment.
- Positive attitude to learn new skills and adapt to newer technologies.
- Strong analytical skills with high focus on detail and solution orientation.
- Proven track record of working closely with customers and collaboratively delivering solutions to meet business needs.
- Demonstrated strong and effective verbal, written, interpersonal communication skills, and experience working within a team environment across business functions.
- At least 5 years professional experience, of which 2 years at the international or multinational level, in a project management capacity that included planning, design, development, deployment and improvement initiatives; and support related roles.
- At least 3 years of cross-functional Oracle ERP E-Business Suite experience; with in depth exposure to the Procure to Pay and Accounting to Report related modules Procurement, Payables, Fixed Assets, General Ledger.
- Demonstrable experience and understanding of Oracle Application Implementation Methodology (A.I.M.).
- Proven experience in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Proven experience working with end-user clients and business-area process leaders of business functions to develop requirements for new and enhanced functionality.
- Proven experience in translating business issues into technology solutions.
- Proven experience in release 12 Oracle E-Business.
- Experience in working in a multicultural team, supporting a global user base and working with outsourced service providers.
- Experience with UN or other international or multinational organizations.
- Expert knowledge of English, both written and spoken.
- Knowledge of French or another WHO official language would be an advantage.