World Bank Group , Colombo, Sri Lanka
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
The International Finance Corporation a sister organization of the World Bank and member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work with more than 2,000 businesses worldwide, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in the toughest areas of the world. In fiscal year 2018, we delivered more than $23 billion in long-term financing for developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity.
The IFC’s South Asia Department is looking to recruit an Operations Analyst for its Sri Lanka and Maldives Office. The Operations Analyst will be responsible for assisting with research, analytics, operational work and resource support primarily for the Country Manager (Sri Lanka and Maldives). He/ she will also be responsible for coordinating work between Managers, the Management Team and the Strategy unit for the region.
Role & Responsibilities:
The Operations Analyst will be responsible for the following:
- Extracting data on Sri Lanka & The Maldives from internal and external databases, review and present the data in a variety of formats for various audiences to a high degree of accuracy and consistency.
- He/she will be the ‘go-to’ person for data and research and all operational/ resource support work for and from the region that will be initiated by the Country Manager.
- Preparing progress reports and any other documentation or materials required.
- Preparation of sections of CPF documents and country strategy submissions as inputs into business plans, work program agreements, mid-year and retrospective.
- Review and screening of relevant documents/reports for consistency with country strategies.
- Liaise and interact effectively with an extensive network of contacts, at senior levels (both internal and external), and respond effectively to inquiries and to diverse situations that require tact and pragmatic problem-solving skills. Must have good network of contacts, both with government stakeholders and the business community at large.
- Under the guidance of Country Manager, advise project teams on the country context, IFC role, strategic fit, World Bank Group objectives, local markets, pipe-line and portfolio.
- Assist the Country Manager with overall project management, planning and monitoring of deliverables to ensure timely and quality delivery of the work program.
- Portfolio monitoring and internal and external reporting. Provide any other assistance needed by the Country Manager for the day-to-day coordination of activities.
- Help support pipeline development across all industry groups by providing industry contextual data, company analysis, comparator analysis, industry research etc.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of current advisory and investment operations in Sri Lanka and The Maldives and respond to queries.
- Construct and maintain reports to analyze and report on operational and development impact performance of Sri Lanka and Maldives.
- Prepare presentations and reports to present information and analysis to various audiences.
- Conduct research, analysis and compile information from HQ sources for the benefit of field-based management teams.
- Provide research and analytical support towards work products produced and on various assignments.
- Undergraduate degree in Economics, Finance, Business or similar qualifications.
- Two years’ work experience in banking, consulting or another fast-paced, knowledge-based work environment.
- Advanced Excel, PowerPoint and database skills.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and quality of deliverable.
- Excellent teamwork skills, ability to take initiative and work across organizational boundaries.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, have a high level of discretion and professionalism.
- Familiarity with IFC databases (such as MIS, RMS, and other iDesk applications) would be an advantage.
- Experience of IFC strategy and budgeting processes would be an advantage.
- Ability to thrive under pressure and function effectively in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines, while working on multiple projects.