Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? The International Finance Corporation (IFC), a member of the World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. Working with more than 2,000 businesses worldwide, we use our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in the toughest areas of the world.
The IFC is seeking an Operations Analyst for its Middle East and Africa (MEA) region based in Mogadishu/Nairobi, Rwanda, Uganda, Chad, Benin, Togo and Cote d'Ivoire.
The Operations Analyst will be responsible for supporting the Country Management team. This role will be responsible for a broad scope of research, analytical and operational work as well as providing resource support. S/he will also be responsible for coordinating efforts across the Investment and Advisory groups in support of the Country and Regional strategy implementation.
Duties and Accountabilities
- Support the Country and Regional Management team with overall project management, planning and monitoring of deliverables to ensure timely and quality delivery of the work program.S/he must maintain high degree of discretion and professionalism.
- Help support pipeline development across all industry groups by providing industry contextual data, company analysis, comparator analysis, industry research etc.
- Serve as the ‘go-to’ person for data/research and all operational/resource support work for the region as directed by the Country Manager and the MEA management team.
- Extract data from internal and external databases, manipulate and present the data in a variety of formats for a variety of audiences to a high degree of accuracy and consistency and update/maintain the information in database regularly.
- Prepare documents and reports to present information to a variety of audiences including: country strategy submissions, sections of World Bank Country Partnership Framework documents, inputs into business plans, work program agreements. Review and screening of relevant documents/reports for consistency with strategy documents. Provide research/analytical support to work products produced and on assignments that may arise as directed by the Country Manager.
- Under the guidance of the Country Manager, advise project teams on the country context, IFC role, strategic fit, World Bank Group objectives, local markets, pipe-line and portfolio.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of current advisory and investment operations and respond quickly to queries from HQ management and staff.
- Provide support to the country team on IFC joint efforts with the WB and other development partners.
- Liaise and interact effectively with an extensive network of contacts, at senior levels (both internal and external), and respond effectively to inquiries and to diverse situations that require tact and pragmatic problem-solving skills. Must have good network of contacts, both with government stakeholders and business community at large.
- Provide support for select visiting missions.
- Undergraduate degree in Economics, Finance, Business or similar, Masters’ Degree Preferred.
- 2-3 years’ work experience in banking, consulting or another fast-paced, knowledge-based work environment.
- Advanced Excel, PowerPoint and database skills.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and quality.
- Excellent teamwork skills, ability to take initiative and work across organizational boundaries. High on energy with strong professionalism/ maintaining confidentiality and using discretion when required.
- Familiarity with IFC databases (such as MIS, RMS, and other iDesk applications) would be an advantage.
- Experience of IFC strategy and budgeting processes would be an advantage.
- Ability to thrive under pressure and function effectively in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines, while working on multiple projects.