World Bank , Middle East, Jordan
Closing Date for Applications:
- Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? The International Finance Corporation (IFC), a member of the World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. Working with more than 2,000 businesses worldwide, we use our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities where they are needed most. , IFC provides advisory services to support its clients in meeting their development goals.
- IFC is looking for highly motivated Operations Analysts to be based in Cairo, Dubai, Amman, and Rabat to work on several activities including support to the Regional and Country Management in developing strategic analysis and proposals, aggregation of sub-regional briefs and data as well as overall support to the requirements of the Regional Head of Operations and Country Managers/Officers to ensure that IFC fulfills its mandate.
- The candidates must be a self-starter, capable of taking initiative to cover a range of tasks, able to thrive in a small, entrepreneurial team/environment and be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
Duties and Accountabilities
- Support Regional Head of Operations and/or Country Managers/Officers in the development of a comprehensive IFC strategy for Middle East and North Africa (MENA) and/or any specific country in the regionSupport the development of documents reflecting IFC’s activity in MENA and/or any specific country in the regionContribute to and share knowledge on major new corporate initiatives relevant for the region and/or any specific country in the regionProvide analysis and research support across country, sectors, regions and clientsConduct industry and market research and prepare communication materials as necessaryPrepare briefings for conferences, forums, and other avenues of presenting IFC and engaging in thought leadershipSupport Regional Head of Operations and/or Country Managers/Officers in management of operational mattersPrepare documentation and other material for IFC’s needsSupport the Regional Head of Operations and/or Country Managers/Officers in the analysis of business performance and monitor/update the pipeline of current and upcoming projects and update to management as neededSupport department wide initiatives to improve systems and project delivery
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or economics with at least 2 years of relevant experience in MENA. MSc in relevant subject or MBA is a plusAbility to demonstrate attention to detail, thoughtful scenario analysis, and diligence in the quality of one’s own workDemonstrate active listening skills by being attentive and listening to others in order to identify client and stakeholder needsDemonstrate diplomacy and responsiveness in interactions with othersWrite in a logical and comprehensive, yet concise mannerDistill and summarize large amounts of information from various sources to prepare business documents and presentationsUtilize graphics and tables to effectively and creatively present dataTeam player with good problem solving and analytical skills, with an ability to execute tasks timely and effectivelyOrganizational and communications skillsAdvanced user level proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel, Word is a mustStrong command over English (written and verbal) is a must. Proficiency in Arabic is a plus
- Poverty has no borders. Neither does excellence. This is why we continually search for qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds from around the globe. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.