World Bank, New Delhi, India
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
IFC—a sister organization of the World Bank and member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2019, we invested more than $19 billion in private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity.
IFC India Country Management is seeking an Operations Analyst to assist in research, analytical, operational work and resource support primarily for the Country Manager in India. He/ she will also be responsible for coordinating such work across managers, management team and strategy unit for the region.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Be the “go-to” person for data and research relating to India, as requested by Country Manager and the country management team. Is capable of applying statistical concept and methodology to data compiling and analysis; conduct research by extracting, manipulating analyzing data from internal databases and external sources; write reports/research notes and present them in a concise manner and a variety of formats to support country management work; design and make graphic presentations; take ad hoc, gap-filling assignments as directed by the Country Manager and South Asia Region Director.
- Review and screening of relevant documents/reports for consistency with country strategies; prepare sections of Country Partnership Framework (CPF) documents and Country Strategy; provide inputs into business plans, work program agreements, yearly or mid-year progress reviews;
- Provide operational support for transactions processing under direction of Industry Departments. Is required to understand financial statements and accounting principles; be able to conduct financial analysis and explain financial ratios, and master financial modeling and programming.
- Liaise and interact effectively with an extensive network of contacts, at senior levels (both internal and external), and respond effectively to inquiries and to diverse situations that require tact and pragmatic problem-solving skills.
- Under guidance of Country Manager, advise project teams on the matters regarding India country context, IFC role, strategic fit, World Bank Group objectives, local markets, IFC pipelines and portfolio. Assist the Regional Director with overall project management, planning and monitoring of deliverables so as to ensure timely and quality delivery of the work program. He/she must maintain high degree of discretion and professionalism.
- Assist in portfolio monitoring and internal and external reporting. Provide any other assistance needed by the Country Manager for the day-to-day coordination of activities
- Maintain a good working knowledge of current advisory and investment operations in India and SA, and respond quickly to queries from HQ management and staff
- Construct and maintain reports to analyze and report on operational and development impact performance of India, South Asia and worldwide.
- Graduate degree in finance, economics, or in similar fields from top-tier educational institutes in India or outside India
- Two years’ work experience in banking, consulting or another fast-paced, knowledge-based work environment.
- Tested writing skills; will be frequently required to produce notes and memos on a variety of topics in a clean and concise manner with very short notice;
- Strong oral communication and presentation skill is a must
- Advanced Excel, PowerPoint and database skills; familiar with statistical concepts, principles and methodologies
- Understanding financial statements and accounting principles; able to conduct financial analysis and explain financial ratios, and master financial modeling and programming
- Excellent teamwork experiences, ability to work across cultures and organizational boundaries.
- Enterprising, result-oriented and problem-solving; highly energetic and strongly self-motivated; can function effectively with minimum supervision
- Strong professionalism and work ethics; ability to thrive under pressure and function effectively in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines, while working on multiple subjects
- Familiarity with IFC databases (such as MIS, RMS, and other iDesk applications) would be an advantage
- Experience of IFC strategy and budgeting processes would be an advantage
Poverty has no borders, neither does excellence. We succeed because of our differences and we continuously search for qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds from around the globe.