Asian Development Bank(ADB), Suva, Fiji
Closing Date for Applications:
- To assist in reception services, switchboard operations, handling of documents; provide support to visiting missions and to the Finance & Administration Unit staff; and provide backup support to the Programs Assistant and Operations Assistants in the resident mission (RM).
- Receives visitors to SPSO by obtaining clearance from ADB personnel concerned, guides visitors to the appropriate Officer or waiting area, and maintains a log of all visitors.
- Ensures that visiting dignitaries and other visitors with special requirements are received with appropriate protocol and that the host is notified of their arrival.
- Ensures that visitors are properly screened.
- Answers the telephone, forwards calls to appropriate staff and takes messages when staff are not available.
- Attends to the switchboard and assists in telecommunications and related matters.
- Receives and logs all documents received from outside sources.
- Checks and verifies bills before payment by the Finance & Administration Unit staff.
- Prepares and sends documents for dispatch and logs the same.
- Maintains a list of contacts in SPSO’s 6 countries.
- Liaises and coordinates with internal and external contacts, in order to resolve non-standard queries and problems and to obtain non-standard information relevant to assigned work.
- Acts as Leave/Attendance Coordinator.
- Coordinates schedule and use of meeting rooms for staff.
- Assists with other routine clerical work, such as typing, photocopying, etc. Ensures that all correspondence and documents are correctly typed, prepared and submitted on time, in compliance with ADB standards.
- Supports staff with their filing, in accordance with the existing framework.
Assistance to Visiting Missions
- Provides administrative support to visiting missions including printing, photocopying, assisting with meeting arrangements and schedules, etc.
- Maintains lists of incoming and outgoing missions to SPSO’s 6 countries.
- Edits and updates the mission guidelines as per the instruction of the Regional Director/Senior Finance and Administration Officer.
- Provides backup support to the Senior Programs Assistant and Operations Assistants in SPSO.
- Performs any other duties, to support the office, as required by the Regional Director/Senior Finance and Administration Officer, and as reflected in the incumbent’s workplan.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional and/or academic qualification.
- At least 5 years relevant experience in reception/switchboard work and general office administration.
- Comprehensive knowledge of procedures of the relevant work areas.
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- Familiarity with local languages and institutions.
- Proficiency in the use of technology packages (common word-processing, spreadsheets, and graphics, PowerPoint and web-browsing and search engines).
People and Leadership Skills
- Able to work in a multicultural environment
- Able to work effectively and collaboratively in a team-oriented environment.
- Able to take initiative and work proactively.
- Flexible/willing to perform a variety of tasks and expand the scope of work and responsibilities as needed.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills