United Nations Development Programme, Tirana, Albania
Closing Date for Applications:
- UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
- Under the direct supervision of the Operations Manager the Operations Assistant carries out varied and inter-related operational, financial and logistical support activities ensuring high quality and accuracy of work. The Operations Assistant is results and client oriented, producing administrative services of the highest quality in a timely and proactive fashion.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide administration and operations support to the Albania Country Office (CO) in accordance with UN Women rules and regulations and policies and strategies
- Participate in review meetings and provide support to the assessment of the managerial and operational capacities of implementing partners in collaboration with the programme and technical team;
- Provide support in screening the supporting documents submitted by the Responsible Parties;
- Prepare VAT reimbursement claims with adequate supporting documentation.
- Provide technical support to the preparation of payment requests;
- Assist in the pre-audit preparations for the CO to be audit ready and provide support in the completion of the pre-audit checklist;
- Provide support to travel management and documentation collection, including travel claims, mission reports etc.
- Provide administrative support for the organization of CO meetings and activities, including conferences, workshops, retreats.
- Ensure proper filing of all operations processes and documentation, hard copy and soft files in OneDrive and SharePoint.
- Assist with the organization of the office archive and library.
- Support to the Coordination and administration of procurement processes in accordance with UN Women rules and regulations and corporate policies and strategies
- Provide support to the Organization of procurement activities and processes, including preparation and conduct of Request for Quotations, Invitations to Bid or Requests for Proposals, and ensure circulation to UN Women networks, social media etc;
- Provide support in the preparation of procurement contracts as required;
- Follow-up on the checklist completion for procurement processes conducted by projects.
- Assist in administrative tasks related to procurement, including development of database for current contracts; Assist with the monitoring of tracking tool for procurement processes;
- Support in monitoring and maintaining office stationery supplies including maintenance of stock list of stationery, distribution of stationery;
- Assist the coordination of assets management in the office by ensuring that tags for each item/asset are in place.
- Update database for mobile, fuel consumption and other services and follow up on the collection of relevant documents.
- Support to the Human Resources services in accordance with UN Women rules and regulations and corporate policies and strategies
- Create and upload vacancy announcements, when needed, and support the initial screening of candidates;
- Support in the organization of interview panels;
- Take minutes of the interviews and draft the relevant reports for the recruitment and selection processes
- Assist in administrative tasks related to HR , including development of database for current contracts; Assist with the monitoring of tracking tool for HR processes;
- Follow up on the roll out of HR Regional or corporate Initiatives at the Country Office level
Key Performance Indicators
- All services are provided in compliance with UN Women rules, regulations and policies
- Timely and accurate implementation of procurement processes
- Timely and accurate implementation of HR processes
- Provide timely and quality advice to clients;
- Timely and quality reports
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Ability to administer and execute administrative and procurement processes and transactions;
- Ability to perform work of confidential nature and handle a large volume of work;
- Strong knowledge of administrative rules and regulations;
- Strong IT and web based management skills;
- Ability to extract and interpret data
- Ability to priorities work and to multi-task;
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Education and certification:
- University Degree in Business, Administration and Finance, would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- At least 3 years of progressively responsible experience in administration, finance, procurement, human resources or logistic support services at the national or international level;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.)
- Experience with international organizations is an asset
- Fluency in English is required.