If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
Under the general supervision of the Chief of Field-office, the Operations Assistant provides a range of Operational and Administrative support activities in the Sub Office of Kibondo.
SUMMARY OF KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTAILITIES:
- Analyses and maintains an overview of the work of the field office to ensure timely operational support is provided in general and specialized areas.
- Supports management of office premises, establishes routine vehicle maintenance and supervises office drivers.
- Drafts estimates on sub-office premises, supplies and equipment requirements for budget preparation purposes. Monitors the sub-office budget in close collaboration with Dar es Salaam Office.
- Maintains field office Petty Cash account (records petty cash expenditures and replenishment), maintains office asset register, ensures timely requests for office supplies, collects pro-forma invoices from office vendors & other service providers, liaises with Dar es Salaam to facilitate timely payments, supports financial forecast for the sub-office.
- Arranges for and/or attends meetings on day-to-day administrative matters, participates in discussions of new or revised procedures and practices, interprets and assesses impact of changes, and makes recommendations for follow-up action.
- Prepares on own initiative, correspondence, special reports, evaluations and justifications, as required, on general administrative tasks.
- Participates in one UN Common services meetings and serves as focal point in the field office for HACT quality assurance activities.
EDUCATION: Completion of secondary education, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses in a field related to Finance, Business Administration, and Economics, Administration or other related fields.
- Five years of progressively responsible clerical or administrative work
- Experience of working in UN agencies is an asset.
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili