Operations Assistant (replacement for maternity cover)
International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN), Belgrade, Serbia
Closing Date for Applications:
- In accordance with the IUCN Programme 2013-2016 and the IUCN Strategic Plan for SEE assist in programme development and project implementation.
- Provide support to the IUCN SEE Director in the day-to-day operations of the IUCN Office for South-Eastern Europe.
- Provide administrative and logistical support and data-entry book-keeping.
- Provide efficient administrative support to the office, general clerical work such as filing, mailing, faxing and photocopying; manage the stationery needs of the office
- Manage incoming phone calls and maintain good relationships with partners within and outside IUCN
- Maintain an inventory of equipment owned by SEE or by the projects and filling system up-to-date
- Provide logistical support for the organization of meetings and events, including assistance in preparation of briefing materials and dissemination of documents
- Manage logistical arrangements of the office, including organizing travel, accommodation, visas and meetings for IUCN staff
- Assist with travel costs reimbursements of the staff/ travel claims preparation and pre-approval against invoices
- Perform data entry in the accounting system and basic book-keeping transactions.
- Prepare informal translation as required
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in a subject related to operations, administration and accounting
- At least 2 years of experience in a relevant position
- Fluency in English and Serbian or other languages spoken in the region
- Excellent organizational skills
- Computer literacy in MS Office packages
- Experience in budget monitoring and accounting
- Timely and accurate handling of financial data and transactions
- Fast and immaculate typing and proof-reading skills
- Ability to communicate effective both orally and in writing
- Ability to work with multi-disciplinary groups in an interdisciplinary and intercultural environment
- Team-oriented attitude and ability to work independently
To Apply Visit