Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team, . Washington, United States
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team (HOT) is a US-based NGO and global community of thousands of volunteers working together to use maps and open data for humanitarian response and the Sustainable Development Goals. As the world’s preeminent participatory mapping NGO, HOT has fostered a global mapping community composed of more 200,000 people with ground operations in eight countries. When major disaster strikes anywhere in the world, HOT rallies this global network to create the maps and data that enable responders to reach those in need. HOT works closely with humanitarian and development partners including the Red Cross, Médecins Sans Frontières, World Bank, and UN OCHA, among others.
HOT is looking for someone passionate about, and experienced in, international development and humanitarian action. You should be able to work within a fast-paced, international organization responding to urgent crises and persistent development issues. You should be excited about working with an international team and ready to travel to work with different teams in the field. You should be familiar with the operations and internal functions of international NGOs and knowledgeable about the sector. You will work on a broad range of tasks and projects and have exposure to all aspects of the functioning of the organization.
- Support analysis and development of processes for Operations, including the set-up of new country, regional and project offices
- Assist with international recruitment and onboarding processes incl. documentation and training
- Support diversity & inclusivity initiatives
- Research and advising on new systems and processes for operations, HR and finance
- Support creation and dissemination of printed and promotional materials
- Assist field training for new and existing teams in HOT field offices (Ex. Uganda, Tanzania, Philippines, Indonesia, etc.)
- Maintain online file system, in collaboration with Tech team
- Support new Vendor identification, procurement and onboarding
- Support new business development through proposals and other fundraising initiatives
- Aid in annual submission of 990 filings and Audit support to finance team
- Support planning and running of annual international HOT Summit & other Events Support as necessary
- Support travel management & bookings for conferences, staff meetings, etc.
- A Bachelor’s or greater degree in International Relations, International Development, Non-Profit Management, Social Sciences, or similar
- 1-3 years experience in non-profit, non-governmental organizations and international systems
- Passionate about humanitarian action and international development
- Familiarity with GSuite
- Quick learning and adoption of new systems, softwares and processes
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A good sense of humour and willingness to learn.