Save the Children, Singapore
Closing Date for Applications:
- Significant experience in managing most or all of the key elements of humanitarian and development operations: proposal development, planning, quality assurance, award management, logistics, emergency response, preparedness and capacity building.
- Post-graduate qualifications or equivalent experience in international development, humanitarian actions, risk reduction / resilience, leadership / management, or a related discipline.
- Substantial knowledge of international development systems, institutions and donors, and of procedures, accountability frameworks and best practices.
- Robust experience in developing and implementing organisational vision and strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a matrix management environment. Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching.
- Solid project management skills related to organisational development projects and international, cross-functional teams with a proven history of delivering results.
- Excellent dispute resolution, facilitation and team building skills.
- Experience of building personal networks at senior levels, resulting in securing significant new opportunities for the organisation.
- Models international development best practices, and the leadership behaviours outlined in Save the Children's strategy.
- Ability and willingness to change work practices and hours in the event of major responses including travelling at short notice.
- Commitment to Save the Children values.
- The highest level of expertise in representation and negotiation with governments/donors and international agencies.
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy in.