Operations Director, Asia
Save the Children(STC), Singapore City, Singapore
Closing Date for Applications:
- Will lead operations support aimed at ensuring that Save the Children implements quality programme operations and meets its mandate of humanitarian and development programming in all Asia countries.
- Is responsible for supporting operational and humanitarian aspects of Country Offices programming and ensuring adequate systems (including logistics / supply chain and award management) are in place to enable and facilitate quality program delivery in the field.
- Is responsible for oversight of regional projects and programs, and selected country-level operations (currently focused on DPRK only).
- Will ensure that high quality support is given to COs, Regional Office and member staff in order to optimise the operational delivery of humanitarian and development programs in the Asia region.
- Is a key member of the regional leadership team, and will take shared responsibility and accountability for delivering Save the Children's strategy within the region.
- Significant (ten years or more) senior level leadership and management experience in a large and complex international NGO or organization
- Significant experience in managing most or all of the key elements of humanitarian and development operations: proposal development, planning, quality assurance, award management, logistics, emergency response, preparedness and capacity building
- Post-graduate qualifications or equivalent experience in international development, humanitarian actions, risk reduction / resilience, leadership / management, or a related discipline
- Substantial knowledge of international development systems, institutions and donors, and of procedures, accountability frameworks and best practices
- Robust experience in developing and implementing organisational vision and strategies
- The highest level of expertise in representation and negotiation with governments/donors and international agencies
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a matrix management environment.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
- Solid project management skills related to organisational development projects and international, cross-functional teams with a proven history of delivering results
- Excellent dispute resolution, facilitation and team building skills
- Experience of building personal networks at senior levels, resulting in securing significant new opportunities for the organisation
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy in
- Models international development best practices, and the leadership behaviours outlined in Save the Children's strategy
- Ability and willingness to change work practices and hours in the event of major responses including travelling at short notice
- Commitment to Save the Children values.