Creative Associates seeks an Operations Manager for an anticipated donor-funded project in Jakarta, Indonesia. The project is expected to assist the Government of Indonesia and non-governmental organizations (NGOs) to address factors that push and pull Indonesians into Violent Extremist Organizations (VEOs). USAID seeks outcomes in which Indonesian society and key institutions are better able to counter the threat of VEOs. In pursuit of these outcomes, USAID will focus on the following three areas: (i) Community resilience to radicalization and VEO recruitment; (ii) Reintegration of VEO members and sympathizers into mainstream Indonesian society; (iii) Indonesian labor migrants’ resilience to recruitment by VEOs.
As the Operations Manager, responsible for the management of human resources, local procurement and information technology of the program in the fluid and complex operational environment of Indonesia. In the absence of the COP, the Operations Manager will serve as the COP.
Reporting & Supervision:
Reporting directly to the COP, the Operations Manager will support the COP in the management of program operations and provide technical leadership and oversight, as needed. S/he will directly supervise the Procurement team, the Office Manager, the IT department, travel/logistics staff, and the HR and administration team. S/he will additionally serve as primary liaison for international vendors.
- Ensures smooth implementation in geographic areas of operation;
- Ensure that project implementation is compliant with USAID regulations and procedures;
- Assure fair and transparent procurement processes;
- Ensure streamlined operations systems in line with Creative and donor rules and regulations;
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the portfolio of programs;
- Ensure an in-depth awareness of operational issues in the context of Indonesia;
- Streamline and maintain procurement processes to meet grant deliverables and milestones;
- Serve as the primary liaison to all vendors and subcontractors;
- Responsible for day to day management of subcontracts with international vendors;
- Serves as primary liaison for Creative HQ on international subcontractor issues;
- Manages and oversees staff responsible for arranging travel and logistics for staff and project equipment and inventory;
- Provides timely and accurate reports on location of staff and assets and maintains proper hard and soft copy files for each. Reports may be requested by HQ or donor;
- Responsible for program compliance with USAID rules and regulations, and Creative policies and procedures;
- Supports COP in all operations tasks and duties;
- Manages, trains, and mentors key team members in the areas of administration, logistics, human resources, procurement, budgeting and finance; and
- Respond to requests from donor and supervisors as needed.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- At least five years of relevant work experience, including experience with a contractor or international NGO managing an office or program;
- At least four years of experience supervising complex, high-speed, and challenging field operations in developing countries;
- Familiarity with or have experience in community participation-type projects as well as those that are political in focus;
- Experience with operations, logistics and subcontracts in an insecure environment;
- Knowledge of basic operating procedures in high-risk environments;
- Experience in conflict, post-conflict, or transitional state environments;
- Proficient oral and written communication skills in English;
- Strong analytical capacity; and
- Previous experience working with USAID desired.