About Muslim Hands
Muslim Hands is an international relief and development NGO, established in 1993 with objective of providing relief from poverty and sickness and the provision of education in an ethical, effective, efficient and transparent manner.
Muslim Hands works both directly and with partners in over fifty countries, carrying out short and long-term projects in emergency relief, educational and vocational training, orphan sponsorship, medical care and safe water.
Muslim Hands Bangladesh is looking for an operations manager to provide strategic vision, technical skills and sector experience in order to grow and develop the office staff, manage the office as well as explore various avenues of institutional funding. The right candidate would speak fluent English and Bangla and possess exceptional management skills. He/She would also understand the complexity of working in remote/rural locations and be flexible to the environment as well as being sensitive to the local custom and culture.
Main tasks and responsibilities
Strategy and vision
- Formulate, plan and communicate a clear vision of present and future program goals and strategies to team members and stakeholders that translate into concrete programs and work plans.
- Review the country strategy annually
- Set direction by prioritizing and organizing actions and resources to achieve program and agency objectives.
- Explore innovative funding and resource development models and new sources of capital
- Provide empowering leadership and develop the capacity of the team, and lead career development efforts
- Assist team members with information, tools and resources to improve performance & reach objectives.
- Manage collaboratively, promote accountability, communicate expectations and provide constructive feedback informally and formally via regular one on ones and performance reviews.
- Create and sustain a work environment of mutual respect where team members strive to achieve excellence.
- Hire, orient and lead team members as necessary.
Knowledge and experience
- BA/S or equivalent in relevant field required; MA/S preferred.
- 7-10 years of field experience in international relief and development programs, including demonstrable success in managing development programs.
- 5 years of senior-level leadership, capacity building and field management experience.
- Demonstrated success working effectively and respectfully with host country government, private sector, INGO, NGO partners and other stakeholders in complex environments.
- Internationally recognized qualification in project or program management or a commitment to obtain the qualification in the early months of work.
- Political acumen, curiosity, and an ability to remain flexible are critical.
- Successful and proven negotiation, communication and organization skills.
- Excellent oral and written English and Bangla skills required.