Current Hiring Practices and Trends in the Development Sector
- BY David Mackenzie
DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
The Operations Officer will have hands-on experience in designing and managing transformation programs particularly with the MFI, NBFI and Banking sector. The specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Understanding and implementing the FIG south Asia Advisory as it relates particularly to Advisory Services in Sri Lanka.
• Leading efforts on business development and discussions with banks’ senior management, to identify areas of possible IFC assistance and advisory services opportunities.
• Working closely with the FIG investment staff and management in the region to ensure an integrated approach to FIG investment and advisory activities in South Asia – focused on IFC’s investment clients, and its global strategy.
• Together with IFC’s regional and/or global specialists carry out initial diagnostics of banks’ existing operations, and design appropriate advisory services engagements.
• Understanding and responding to the needs of clients and maintaining relationship with them.
• Lead advisory engagements in the areas such as SME banking, digital banking, risk management, and sustainable energy finance.
• Developing partnerships within IFC, within the WBG, within Sri Lanka and the region, including with donors, in order to support realization of client goals and objectives, and meet IFC targets.
• Being accountable for the performance of all FIG Advisory projects in Sri Lanka and other parts of South Asia as required, including development effectiveness, overseeing design to ensure that results frameworks and indicators are appropriate, that progress is being made against agreed results, and taking corrective action, together with the project managers, where necessary.
• Being responsible for monitoring and evaluating performance using IFC’s monitoring and evaluation framework, working with M&E specialists, project managers and the team.
• Maintaining an effective working relationship with Global and regional Product Specialists;
• Generating new and innovative ideas for projects and maintaining technical excellence;
• Maintaining a culture of teamwork, efficiency, respect and excellence.
• Assisting in identifying and selecting short-term consultants/ firms when consultants are sub-contracted on specific components of the advisory mandates and reviewing the quality of deliverables being produced from projects;
• Actively contribute to knowledge management of IFC Regional and Global SME Banking activities. This includes compiling knowledge and information on SME banking environment and assisting with the dissemination of this information;
• Closely monitor and supervise ongoing advisory services projects, and provide periodic reporting to regional management
• Assist in conducting conferences and other knowledge management events, including training to other members of FIG and clients alike;
• Mentoring and training other IFC FIG staff ;
• Work on any other issues/projects, as assigned from time to time.
• A Masters’ degree in business Administration or a business related field; CPA, CFA a major plus.
• Minimum of 8-10 years of senior business transformation related experience with MFIs, banks and/ or financial service related consulting services, preferably with some international experience.
• Senior operational experience in banking and/ or consulting with over 10 years strong demonstrated experience in Sri Lanka.
• Experience managing at least 3 - 4 advisory projects, gained either in a bank or preferably with a leading consultancy firm.
• Technical expertise in retail and SME finance tools, products and methodologies in developed and emerging markets (strategy, market segmentation, credit risk management including rating and scoring, NPL management and collections, product development, etc.).
• Strong familiarity with international best market practices and regional and Sri Lanka trends in the banking sector, and capacity to apply best practices into the local environment.
• Strong leadership, organizational, and communications skills, including the ability to represent IFC and work credibly at the senior executive and boardroom level.
• Experience in digitalization of business models of a financial institution is highly desirable.
• Team player with good problem solving and analytical skills.
• Fluency in English is a must along with a willingness to travel across the South Asia Region
How To Apply:
• If you are Interested kindly use the following link to apply: http://www.ifc.org/wps/wcm/connect/careers_ext_content/IFC_External_Corporate_Site/IFC+Careers/Career%20Opportunities/CareerOpportunityPlaceHolder?JobReqNo=161776