The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The incumbent is expected to deliver and complete a wide range of WFP beneficiary and transfer management system (SCOPE) support activities. Specifically, support is to be provided to WFP cooperating partners, retailers and other Agencies who are SCOPE platform users in order to facilitate effective assistance delivery. The functions of this assignment will be 70% field based and 30% in the office. SCOPE is WFP’s digital beneficiary management and delivery platform
Scope operations Officer will report directly to the SCOPE Operations Manager who is based at the Sub Office in Cox Bazaar and under the overall supervision of the Head of scope.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Process and transfer of beneficiary and entitlement information to participating partners through a secure platform. The team will support the design of the secure information/payments transfer
- Develop or Support the design of digital delivery mechanisms to ensure compatibility of the systems
- Ensuring correct calculation of beneficiary entitlements on the digital platform
- Perform back end and front-end backstopping and technical support to the participating partners and beneficiaries
- Process any complaints from the field and provide feedback on the steps taken to troubleshoot the problem in the back end and provide technical guidance
- Support the Programme team in the targeting, enrolment and preparation of the various interventions and distribution cycles while adhering to technical procedures
- Manage the hardware and or the scheduling regular software upgrades
- Collate and analyses data regarding conditional assistance to feed into management and finance reports.
- Follow up on the tickets raised with the global support teams and ensure that they have been tested and implemented in WFP’s digital platform
- Identify technological improvements and formulate a business case for management approval
- Supervise, guide and train junior staff in the area of operation
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: University degree preferably in Information Technology, Computer Science, business management or other relevant field, or diploma in the area of computer science, information Technology or equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience with at least 4 years of supervisory roles in an engaging and dynamic workplace environment.
- Experience in a client service-orientated environment.
- Has experience resolving more complex IT technical issues.
Language: Proficiency in English
- Demonstrate continuous updates of knowledge about new technologies and product modifications.
- Understand and follow established standards and protocols for service excellence in SCOPE operations to maintain quality of delivery and high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Exhibit detailed understanding of customer IT requests in order to effectively address and manage internal customers ‘needs including identification of recurrent issues to propose long-term solutions.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with a range of individuals in order to provide a high-quality support service.
- Good communication skills required to give and receive information and work with a variety of individuals.
- Ability to prioritise, multi-task, coordinate workloads, and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to be creative yet analytical with a logical mind and an eye for detail.
- Ability to work unsupervised and under own initiative