Operations Support Advisor
Save the Children, Singapore
Closing Date for Applications:
- The role holder will provide consistent operational support to targeted country programmes (Myanmar and Afghanistan) to improve operational delivery by supporting the strengthening of leadership, management capability, structure and systems (through the coordination of Operations Platform Strengthening (OPS) plans), operations advisory support and direct support.
- S/he will also support country offices and regional offices in the management of the OPS budgets.
- Relevant academic qualification (Masters or equivalent) in the field of international development or social/political science.
- Experience of senior operations management with extensive people management experience, and core processes (project, awards/grants, finance, logistics management), including in insecure, fragile and/or emergency contexts.
- Excellent analytical and strategic planning skills.
- Experience in change management, organisational development or management consultancy.
- Substantial experience of capacity building and coaching in an INGO, ideally at both HQ and programme levels, and familiarity with a range of approaches
- Excellent representational, influencing and diplomatic skills to enable the post holder to operate effectively within Save the Children and support in-country change management
- Excellent project management skills, including proven track record of resource management and managing concurrent activities/deadlines
- Proven writing and numerical skills and experience in budget monitoring, editing of learning materials and drafting of summary reports and briefing documents
- Proven attention for detail and ability to effectively manage a high volume of data and information
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to deal tactfully and sensitively with a wide range of people in a large organisation, very often at a distance
- Collaborative with a strong interest in providing support to others
- Willingness and ability to travel abroad for up to 35% of the time, sometimes at short notice
- Experience of implementing continuous improvement or knowledge management initiatives in a large organisation will be a strong asset
How To Apply:
- If you are Interested kindly use the following link to apply: https://www.savethechildren.net/jobs/job-details/3230