Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
- About the Education Pathways to Peace in Mindanao (Pathways) Program
- The Pathways program is a nine-year education program supported by the Australian Government in partnership with the Government of the Philippines and implemented through the Ministry of Basic, Higher and Technical Education (MBHTE) of the newly installed Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (BARMM). The program's key outcomes are to: reduce disparity and improve participation and education performance of boys and girls, particularly those experiencing disadvantage within the BARMM; and, support sustainable positive engagement and collaboration of key actors and stakeholders in providing and supporting conflict sensitive quality basic education services.
- Pathways' core program is focused on strengthening K to 3 education and addressing the key challenges associated with its delivery.
- The program directly supports initiatives of the MBTHE to improve K-3 education across the BARMM.
About the position
This position aims to develop and support a broad range of organisational development and change initiatives which impact the Basic Education Sector across the Ministry of Basic, Higher and Technical Education (MBHTE) under the direction of the Office of the Minister. H/She will also provide advise on strengthening corporate support across a range of themes (but not limited to) - Strategic Planning (Programs and Project Management and Development), Human Resource Management and Development , Public Financial Management (Finance and Budget), Organisation structure development (transition and long-term), Stakeholder engagement, Data Management, Administrative Management and Internal Audit.
Full terms of reference can be found here
- The responsibilities of the Adviser may require contact with children or young people.
- Type of engagement: Short-Term employment
- The following are essential and desirable attributes in terms of skills and experience needed to perform this role successfully. Essential:
- Qualifications in management, business, HRM, economics/finance or equivalent field; or relevant experience in corporate strengthening/corporate service delivery or business delivery.
- Demonstrated high-level management experience with proven capacity to develop and analyse corporate policies and procedures; develop operational systems and manage process improvements; and identify and manage organisational and corporate risks.
- Demonstrated understanding of and experience in the design, delivery, monitoring and reporting of capacity development activities, with a demonstrated ability to share knowledge and mentor and coach people.
- Demonstrated cross cultural communication and relationship management skills with the ability to work effectively with and advise government counterparts, build rapport, and engage in a range of participatory approaches to ensure local ownership.
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills.
- Experience working in development projects mixed-capacity environments including experience and interest in working in the Bangsamoro autonomous region of Mindanao
- Important Note:
- This vacancy is open for national and international applicants.
- Along with their CV (maximum 4 pages), interested applicants must submit a written response (maximum 2 pages) addressing their suitability for the role as per the attached ToR (please click here), with particular reference to how they meet the selection criteria above.