Outreach and Communications Specialist
World Learning, Philippines
Closing Date for Applications:
World Learning is a leading international non-profit organization creating a more peaceful and just world through education, development, and exchange. We are seeking an experienced Outreach and Communications Specialist for an anticipated political participation and civic engagement activity in the Philippines. The Outreach and Communications Specialist will collaborate with project leadership, technical staff, and World Learning’s home office communications and knowledge management colleagues to develop messages, stories, and materials that promote project visibility, convey project achievements to target audiences, and contribute to project success.
Recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project. Please include in the email body explaining your qualifications for the position. Only finalist candidates will be contacted. No telephone enquiries please. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis and qualified candidates should apply as soon as possible.
- Lead the development and implementation of a marketing and communications strategy for the project in close coordination with the Chief of Party and Civic Engagement Specialist.
- Work closely with program staff to ensure clear, up-to-date, and accurate program information is available and communicated across various channels including the project website and social media channels. Provide alerts and updates to World Learning’s Communications team on new initiatives, achievements, etc., that contribute to the success of the project.
- Manage distribution and dissemination of project materials in hardcopy and online; coordinate with World Learning’s Home office communications and knowledge management teams to maintain a system of digital and appropriate hard copy files for all publications and project communications.
- Travel regularly outside Manila to provide guidance and support to project field staff and partners, and to identify and produce stories of project strategies and achievements.
- Advertise project meetings, promote events and update social media content.
- Strengthen capacity of staff on communications; serve as mentor and liaison to implementing partners to work plan communication deliverables.
- Coordinate creation and production of project branded materials (logos, letterhead, business cards, folders, envelopes, brochures etc.
- Lead implementation of relevant communications trainings and activities for the project.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field; Master’s degree preferred;
- At least 3 years’ experience in leading project communication strategies.
- Experience conducting online and print research.
- Experience working with international teams, including ability to interact professionally and sensitively with culturally and linguistically diverse colleagues, clients, and partners.
- Proficiency in written and oral Filipino and English required. Filipino Nationals preferred; and,
- Commitment to the principles of inclusive approaches to programming that encourages full participation of individuals regardless of gender, disability status, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or other marginalized status.